PayPal works fine... but doesn't update Cart/Order to 'complete'

addren

Once you purchase a product, and get redirected back to the store your cart still has your order in it - and order history shows "You have not placed any orders."

Called PayPal, they say the issue is with PrestaShop, which makes sense -

I'm running PrestaShop version 1.6 and using the module:  PayPal USA, Canada v1.3.8 - by PrestaShop

and it's set to PayPal Payments Standard and it is in 'Live' mode.

Here is the production site: http://dev.addrenaline.org/chinos/en/

Seems like a common problem... 

Yes, they all have individual prices  - though some are the same, of course.

Does your module work with Prestashop 1.6? The store is going to use 2 currencies and paypal standard... if that matters.

enable pretashop debug mode, google if you do not know how.

It would seem that there is order status error, set debug true and recreate to see if error message.

I can not speak for addren but for me there was no error created, when products have a specific price the validation fails.

For me I actually use 2 specific prices one for web price and one for team price, I could never get the USA 1.3.8 to work.

In my other shop where no specific prices are used USA 1.3.8 works fine, thats how I actually discovered the issue with the specific prices.

Before I upgraded to 1.6 I used an older 2.8.7 Paypal version without this issue so it seems an issue with 1.3.8 and I have created a forge report.

The report was created Feb 17th is still open and unresolved was assigned to Chris Machin.

I am using paypal usa on several shops and am a bit of a specific price user as I use different prices for different countries.  I have not run into issue where I specific specific price and the order is not created.  The original poster may consider uninstall/re-installing and if issue persists also try the paypal eu module, which I ran on my US shops until the tls thingy then I thought I'd give us/can/mex module a try, and have not had issue.  (maybe we need a paypal 'world' as the current naming conventions alienates non eu and north america, daily).

not to say PayPal free modules are perfect, for majority it works well, we only see small percentage of actual users experience problem and for a multitude of reasons.  1) bad order status in order statues 2) blocked IP on server...those are the two big ones we see from our internal customers...and I have to admit we have not been getting the amount of paypal module work we did in the past, which is a good thing as the are a time eater.

Hmm... I installed it but get these errors when I try to purhase:

1. PayPal response:
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2015-05-11T14:12:45Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10472
  4. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
  5. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> CancelURL is invalid.
  6. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

I don't understand - I'm just trying a module supplied by another member, and am asking questions about it since I'm getting errors.

Isn't that what this is for?

regardless - thanks tdr170 for the module, I AM trying it out and trying to follow advice of course...

Did you follow the directions exactly as I posted as I have seen this while testing when 1 of the credentials was input wrong or not at all.

There are 4 fields that need to be filled

Paypal email

Paypal api

Paypal password

Paypal key

Uninstall reinstall and make sure all fields are filled correctly, I ahve this installed on multipule 1.6 sites.

El Patron ??? WHAT

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)

There are only 3 fields - but yes they are filled out correctly (I just re-did them all to be sure):

API username: 
API password: 
API signature:

and configuration as below:
Configuration options

Express Checkout shortcut

Offer your customers a 3-click checkout experience

Yes
 No

Use a Sandbox

Activate a test environment in your PayPal account (developer only). Learn more

Live mode (recommended)
 Test mode 

Payment type

Choose your way of processing payments (automatically vs.manual authorization).

Direct sales (recommended)
 Authorization/Manual capture (payment shipping) 

No express checkout, I am using 'live' mode and direct sales

I just tested clear your browsers cache and the cache from BO then try again.

When I install this on 1.6 I have 4 fields that need to be filled upon first install once you click save and go back the module only three will show.

Thats why I said to uninstall and reinstall, it is a little strange upon first install but if directions are followed it will work.

post-310220-0-43635200-1431359905_thumb.jpg

is this workable for both canada and US? I get this warning, I ignored it the first time... I am re-installing it all now anyway

You are about to install "", a module which is not compatible with your country.

This module was not verified by PrestaShop hence we cannot certify that it works well in your country and that it complies with our quality requirements. Use at your own risk.

Re-did eberything, yes there is four fields - all filled in - but at the bottom I see this:

Error !

You need to provide your PayPal API credentials in step 3 in order to accept payments.

...even though it saved and says Module(s) installed successfully.

I would say that your API is wrong did you create an API code under My selling tools in your PAYPAL account.

If you PM me BO log in I will have a look and see what is up.

The account info should look like this:

Account               [email protected]         
API Username      youremail_api1.whatever.com
API Password      1264553643
Signature            AdfiNg8YnDL0NjDlhyUtDre8YdmKL-qj0aGZj.Gn9qJIUYGx2Et2xFM4
Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)

I used a new browser with no history - new user account as well - same error:

Error occurred:

Please try to contact the merchant:

1. PayPal response:
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2015-05-11T17:54:26Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10472
  4. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
  5. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> CancelURL is invalid.
  6. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

I got the credentials from paypal, and yes that's the style of all the info certainly.

I cleared cahced and got the same errors... but it must be using express checkout, no?

http://dev.addrenaline.org/chinos/modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php

I did not turn that on, but the errors all seem to come from that.

Edited by addren (see edit history)

OK so here is an important update, I went to my 1.6 test site and uninstalled the 3.5 module and installed the USA 1.3 module tried an order and of course it failed on return and went to order history instead of order confirmation, and on the page it did return it does not show the order.

So now I uninstalled the USA 1.3 modules reinstalled the 3.5 module I posted tried an order and received the same error that you are receiving, I went to back office

Administation - Performance and cleared cache I then went to my bowsers History and clicked on clear history making sure all items are checked and was set to from beggining of time.

After this I refreshed the shop page signed in placed an item in cart checked out and the order goes through to PayPal and Paypal returns to Shops order confirmation page as it should the order also shows in BO.

So Try what I did here, and as I said you can clcik on my avatar then send me a PM with BO login and I will have a look.

Did you just use the admin panel, or did you also physically delete or rename the module folders?

I deleted both module directories just to be safe... then installed your paypal module again... got the same errors in new browser with no history.

And is it supposed to be using "express checkout"? It always routes through here:

modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php

even though I have that disabled or set to 'no' 

Edited by addren (see edit history)

...deleted your module... enabled the normal paypal usa one... now it works...

which seems impossible, but I no longer care how this works as long as it does.

Too bad setting up paypal took days of toubleshooting instead of 5 minutes of clicking, but oh well. Thanks PrestaShop!

(and thanks again for all your help tdr170)

• 2 weeks later...

i have found that paypal usa standard checkout with a discount, or exchange rate etc... will not convert the order because of one of the items having 3 decimals!  if you right click on the pay with paypal button and inspect element you can see the form.  In the values If you find one with 3 decimals, change the code to this... (in hook.tpl)... it's the paypal float fix for product price...

/modules/paypalusa/views/templates/hook/standard.tpl

on line 45, change {$paypal_usa_product.price|floatval} to:

{$paypal_usa_product.price|string_format:'%.2f'}

instead of the float, the %.2f will force it to 2 decimals.  Now the order will complete if you remake it.

​This is the response for the original question of this thread.

Edited by David Eschmeyer (see edit history)