SSL problem

Hi,

I have installed an SSL certificate on my site, and followed the steps to make it work within prestashop.

After going to preferences/general and clicking "Please click to use HTTPS protocol before enabling SSL", the dashboard area seems to work perfectly with the certificate. However, there is no option available for me to make it work on the front end. I have tried going to checkout on several computers/browsers, and the SSL is only working on the back end dashboard.

How do I go about making this work? Looking at the documentation, there should be a tickbox which just isn't there for me.

Many thanks!

Prestashop 1.6.0.6

Not a new install. Been live for a while.

Customised front end theme.

I've attached a screenshot of where I assume the tickbox is supposed to be.

post-819859-0-11797600-1430491496_thumb.jpg

Edited by antium (see edit history)

typically enabling SSL is a two step process.  you first click the link, the page refreshes and then you would see a yes/no slider, so you would select yes and save.

based on your screen shot, I suspect you did not perform that second step?

• 2 weeks later...

The same problem is occuring with a fresh install.

I have found many other threads where people have the same problem, such as here: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/195233-no-ssl-enabledisable-radio-buttons-pages-not-working-when-ssl-enabled-please-can-someone-help/

None of the potential fixes on there are working for me though. But it shows that it's not just me, so someone must have stumbled across a reason for it I'm hoping. Pretty shocked in hasn't been fixed if people were having the same issue in 1.4

The SSL certificate is installed correctly. When clicking on "Please click to use HTTPS protocol before enabling SSL", the screen refreshes and the page is then using the certificate. It works fine for that page. Without the slider, I can not make it work for any other part of the site.

If I can figure out what the slider changes in the code, perhaps I can change it manually? I've tried everything, and my client is less than happy with this.

Thank you for your help.

the slider just updates a config value in the database, which you can do manually.

if you are certain the certificate is working, then just execute this SQL command using phpmyadmin, I would also suggest deleting the .htaccess file in the root of the store and allowing it to regenerate after you run this command

UPDATE `ps_configuration` SET `value` = '1' WHERE `ps_configuration`.`name` = 'PS_SSL_ENABLED';