Products sold by the metre (custom input field?) in Prestashop 1.6

Good afternoon.

I have a sales situation I would like to solve in Prestashop 1.6 and don't know which is the best and user friendly way to do it.

The situation:

A customer wants to buy 5 times 10 m power cord and add this to his/her cart, where the power cord is sold with a unit price per meter.

Here an example of a shop where I have seen what I need:
http://www.montagetools.de/produkt/edelstahlseil-7x7-nach-din-din3055/

Example for what I would like to do:

post-18579-0-80862900-1430484237_thumb.png

(Once you have selected the first option you can add the desired meters in a text input)

How would I do this or similar in PrestaShop 1.6?

Thank you very much for your attention and help.

I would use combinations. I know it is not too easy and clear but should work.

Define more lengths, like 1m, 2m, 3m, .... 10m, 20m. Set their prices. The the customer can choose 10m length, 5 pcs.

• Like 1

I would use combinations. I know it is not too easy and clear but should work.

Define more lengths, like 1m, 2m, 3m, .... 10m, 20m. Set their prices. The the customer can choose 10m length, 5 pcs.

Thank you for the answer! :)

This was what I suggested to the shop owner, because it appereared to me the best solution.

I'll wait a bit longer to see whether there will be another answer, if not I'll mark it as resolved.

• 1 month later...

Prime,

i'm using the product properties extension module from PS&More.

And this works very well.

And they have also very good suport.

With this module user can put in his desired length and the price is calcullated with the price per meter.

You can choose if the customer needs to put in the desired length in meters or cm or mm ,...

Also it works a lot beter as with combinations because when you need to change the price you only need to change the one price per meter.

In case of combinations you'll need to change all the combination prices..

You can take a look at my site if you want. In some cases i'm also using combinations but this is because of other problems and i'm trying to switch them over.

http://www.hancke.be/metaal-staal/hea-op-maat/4-hea-op-maat.html

• Like 1