How to remove drop down navigation menu under permanent header links

Hello, I’m still looking for a solution to this problem since I posted about it in late February. After a java-script error was fixed on my site, a drop-down navigation menu appeared under the permanent links header at the top of every page on my site (see attached picture). Does anyone know how I can remove this drop-down menu? Thanks.

post-869297-0-57021700-1430340314_thumb.jpg

I presume you are using a theme or extra module for the navigation ? Which of one is it and which Prestashop version are you using ?

I can tell you the solution for native "top horizontal menu" module and native Theme Prestashop 1.6.

Simply add links to the module and set them on top for the menu bar, instead to use the pre-formatted options. See screens attached. Perhaps your module has the same function ? Please check.

post-741527-0-70428900-1430379386_thumb.jpg

post-741527-0-37809300-1430379397_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the replies -- 

@Dh42: My site is www.megacandy.no

@Selectshop: I am currently using Prestashop 1.6.0.6. The Top Horizontal Menu module is not enabled; main navigation tabs come as part of the theme, I think.

It is not enabled, cause you are using the navigation Module of your theme. You should sort out the name of the module responsible on your theme. Type on module search bar something like navigation, menu or custom menu and check if the module has the same possibility as the default module -> add links.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

Hi again, the responsible module is the permanent links module. Seems it is displayed in two ways on the home page: the main tabs, and this second, grey navigation menu which I am trying to get rid of. When I choose "inspect element" I see it is described as a select menu of sorts, but do not know how to hide it/alter it in the code. Thanks again.