Combinations generator problem

I am selling pipe fittings and I am trying to generate combinations.

I have say three different attributes:

Outer diameter in millimeter: 4,6,8,10,12,14,16

Pressure class: Light and Heavy

Steel quality: Carbon Steel + Stainless steel

Say the product is called BUZ

I can successfully create combinations of all these but The Pressure class HEAVY only applies to 14 and 16 millimeter products. 

When I generate it generates all diameters in both heavy and light, even if I try to do it in steps with first light and then only choses 14 and 16 + Heavy + the two steel qualities.

In the shop front end I want the 4,6,8,10 to be disabled when I choose HEAVY.

I can Manually delete the generated caombinations, but we are talking thousands of products here. 

Am I doung it wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks for helping/ Niklas

I am selling pipe fittings and I am trying to generate combinations.

I have say three different attributes:

Outer diameter in millimeter: 4,6,8,10,12,14,16

Pressure class: Light and Heavy

Steel quality: Carbon Steel + Stainless steel

Say the product is called BUZ

I can successfully create combinations of all these but The Pressure class HEAVY only applies to 14 and 16 millimeter products. 

When I generate it generates all diameters in both heavy and light, even if I try to do it in steps with first light and then only choses 14 and 16 + Heavy + the two steel qualities.

In the shop front end I want the 4,6,8,10 to be disabled when I choose HEAVY.

I can Manually delete the generated caombinations, but we are talking thousands of products here. 

Am I doung it wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks for helping/ Niklas

programatically disable 4,6,8,10  option when u choose HEAVY  , so when u are talking about 1000s of products.

Use appropriate jquery ajax codes to do that.

Hope it may help u.

Edited by kishoreunni (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

This can and should be done only in PrestaShop, and modules could help you speed it up.

You can either create only the combinations you need manually, or you can create all of them with the generator, and then delete the ones you want to disable.

You can see the following module which will help you quickly delete the combinations you do not need (per product) http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/80-mass-combination-editor.html

If all your products have the same attributes, you would be able to use the Attribute Copy feature in our Attribute Wizard module http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/attribute-modules/23-attribute-wizard.html

This module would also let you actually hide or disable unavailable attributes, instead of PS showing a message that the product is not available in that combination.

Either way, hacking it with JS is not the best approach.