What is the best way to add a new page?

Hi Rory

You will need to make a .tpl file and a .php file. An easy way is to modify/rename an existing one like conditions.
Once sorted you can add the link in the blockinfos.tpl located in the modules directory.

The .tpl file will reside in the themes/prestashop folder, the .php file will reside in the root.

Hope it helps

Bob

P.S. I have added the 2 files needed for anyone to use - you only need to add to the faq.tpl file if you plan on doing an FAQ. Otherwise look for faq in the php file and edit. The files MUST be the same name.

Add your new file anywhere in this block in blockinfos.tpl

faq.zip

Thanks for the fast response Bob! Will this page automatically appear on the sitemap, or do I have to add extra code for that somewhere? Thanks again :)

Hi Rory

You will need to make a .tpl file and a .php file. An easy way is to modify/rename an existing one like conditions.
Once sorted you can add the link in the blockinfos.tpl located in the modules directory.

The .tpl file will reside in the themes/prestashop folder, the .php file will reside in the root.

Hope it helps

Bob

P.S. I have added the 2 files needed for anyone to use - you only need to add to the faq.tpl file if you plan on doing an FAQ. Otherwise look for faq in the php file and edit. The files MUST be the same name.

Add your new file anywhere in this block in blockinfos.tpl

Hi Rory.

Sorry forgot about the sitemap. No , you will have to add it manually, very similar to adding in the blockinfos.tpl

files resides in themes/prestashop/sitemap.tpl. - add it into the information block.

Bob

Any problems please PM me

Hi, I have managed to add 3 new custom html pages into my shop. The thing is I have 2 language used in the shop, English and Indonesian. For adding contents in each page, If i edit the .tpl file, the translation won't work, right? But if i edit in en.php or id.php in the lang folder, there's a sentences with code like:

$_LANG['about-us_b4f6535c9479945e898b17aebe78f7ba'] =

How to generate those scripted text? If i want to add Indonesian translation in id.php and English translation in en.php

Need help, thanks