My Prestashop Cloud has completely disappeared - white screen

alexpsc

Question

Hello,

I bought about 10 modules and a theme. Everything was going alright until I push the button "install" in the last module. Now my Prestashop Cloud has dissapead, I can only see a "white screen" in frontoffice and backoffice.

I have installed that module in other Prestashop Cloud before without any problem.

The bug is quite important, as I can do nothing.

Where can I get support for this kind of issues?

15 answers to this question

Thank you very much for your reply COTOKO.

I was researching and I found that, to turn on the debug mode which is not available for us :(

It's quite probably that module is the responsible of the crash, because I push the button install and 10 seconds later the shop only show white screen in front and backoffice.

The issue is that module works perfectly in other Prestashop Cloud.

One question, will delete the module folder through FTP repair this issue?

Best regard and thank you very much.

Maybe not or maybe yes, but after this you will have other errors because the module hook(s) and other things is stored in the database, if you want send me by PM your URL of your back office including the token and the name of the folder of the module and maybe I could send you the link to uninstall this module.

Yes, I had tried that, but when Prestashop Support could do something my shop had already been closed for 12 hours.

Anyway, the Cloud Support doesn't fit what Prestashop product & brand deserves.

They turn on the PS Cloud, apologize but didn't give me any detail about the causes of it, closing the ticket after that.

When I open a new ticket asking about details of the bug, in order to try not repeat these annoying issue, they eat up another ticket and reply me these empty answer:

"Hello,

Thank you for your message. The problem is solved and we apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks for using our solution, we remain at your disposal,Regards"

Is that as professional as Prestashop brand deserves?

I don't think so.

Keep in mind that Prestashop Cloud is a free hosting service. As for all hosting services, free or not, you are free to search for another one, which fits your request better. In this case take into consideration also the fact that you cannot move your shop to another hosting provider without any costs for you.

Should it not better to buy a hosting package at a provider of your preference and to be flexible for all eventualities ??

Thanks for replying selectshop.at

I don't agree at all.

I only purchased official marketplace modules, which are more expensive, for using this platform. And I spent more than 1000€ in modules.

Prestashop Cloud could be free, but it does not justify product bugs and fails, and it does not forbid we the users to complain about that.

If the product is incomplete it shouldn't be released, but if the product was released the PS Cloud staff should be attend we the users as professional as they must.

And I understand bugs can happen and being solved.

My shop is working now but with big fails in database, the products and categories disappeared, and this was the answer from the PS Cloud staff:

"Hello,

Thank you for your message. The problem is solved and we apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks for using our solution, we remain at your disposal,Regards"

I don't agree at all.

I hope this thread and messages help future user to choose better.

Edited by alexpsc (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The bought modules you can use on every hosting package, not only on Prestashop Cloud ;) . What you cannot do, is to migrate a already running shop to a own hosting package. This because you don't have access to complete FTP. Prestashop Cloud restricted the FTP. Without possibility to download all your FTP, you are unable to migrate your shop to another hosting. You should keep this in mind.

Only as a paid service Pestashop will release your complete FTP, i.e. give you a back-up of it for installation on another webspace.

It's sad that Prestashop wont make this cloud service any better. There would be such a huge potential, if it would be bug free and stable.

I would be really glad to pay monthly fee for this kind of service. And I would be glad to pay extra from official addons. Now I am not sure is it reasonable to pay even this extra from addons, as I mostly would appreciate everything working smoothly and that just isn't happening.

At the moment I am fighting with another addon problem - this addon makes my product pages white :) Luckily I was able to disable the addon, but still I would really need those properties brought by it..

It's sad that Prestashop wont make this cloud service any better. There would be such a huge potential, if it would be bug free and stable.

I would be really glad to pay monthly fee for this kind of service. And I would be glad to pay extra from official addons. Now I am not sure is it reasonable to pay even this extra from addons, as I mostly would appreciate everything working smoothly and that just isn't happening.

At the moment I am fighting with another addon problem - this addon makes my product pages white :) Luckily I was able to disable the addon, but still I would really need those properties brought by it..

If Cloud services don't meets your needs, cause you need to be more flexible, so you are free to search for a self hosted package everywhere of your preference. Cloud is intended for small business with no experiences in Prestashop and just install, upload products and use as it is. Cloud is not flexible for own adaptations (only as smaller implementations on theme and some modules basis)

if the problem was module related, which it most likely was, ftp in and rename the folder of the bad module then it will be disabled and things will be fine again.  you will find the module folder in question in the /modules folder

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/CLOUD/Managing+FTP+users

Edited by David Eschmeyer (see edit history)

Hello, Is it to late to rely to add something to this?

Is the problem. Since 3 days, I have a big white screen instead of my e-commerce website > www.reboutik.com . I v tried to uninstall the only module that could be in cause, nothing. And I Can't find it in my ftp either.

I'm with Preatashop Cloud 1.6

Is someone as a clue, please :)

Thanks

Emma