paypal and prestashop error

russtyhole

been having problems with paypal, (amongst others) but this is now stopping me from opening my shop. proabably the most important feature is the payment system so im surprised there are so many problem posts in the paypal section!

firstly when i try to install it , it says my country is not compatible and then  will still allow me to install but says it is untrusted in my country? im in the uk.

my prestashop is 1.6.014

then when testing in my shop i had all kinds of issues with 1.6.09, then upgraded to 1.6.014 and did some test purchases. first one went fine, then tried another and got a server 500 error at the last stage before it transfers to the paypal dialogue. no errors showing in my server control panel log.

Many thanks for any help.

Russ.

Edited by russtyhole (see edit history)

ok, this is strange.  so i just tried it again and no longer an issue? for how long? 

did have another issue before i upgraded which i was very worried about-

when going through express checkout i clicked to pay with debit card, entered all information, then when returned to site and asked to confirm but instead i left the shop. then returned and did the same with a different email address, went through all the same process but wasnt asked for payment details and was able to confirm order. no order was created in BO for second order, but first order payment card was charged!

ill try to recreate this later now that i have updated and sorted this issue (how it sorted i dont know)