back office menu placement

Hi thanks

yeah ive seen that - I should have been more clear the newsletter was really an example but say theres another module in the modules screen but i want to link to it directly from the top menus/sub menus how do I go about doing this? What Im trying to so is avoid giving any body direct links to the modules screen and would like for them to access only specific modules(the ones that can be configured) separately

It is not a simple thing to turn a module into a Back Office tab, but I'll try to point you in the right direction. Create a new PHP class in admin/tabs that extends AdminTab. Copy over the postProcess() function from the module's PHP and the contents of getContent() function into a display() function. Once you've done this, go to Tools > Tabs, then click "Add new", enter the Name of the tab, enter the name of the PHP class you created (without the .php extension) under Class, then choose the tab you want the subtab to appear using the Parent dropdown or leave it on Home to make it a main tab.