How to install "1-Click Upgrade - AutoUpgrade Module" in PS Cloud

ldfps1

Question

Hello,

I need to install the "1-Click Upgrade - AutoUpgrade Module" in order to update the version of my Prestashop Cloud.

This module is developed by Prestashop and is free.

This module is not offered in my module section in the backoffice, but it's offered to download.

I understand I have to download it, unsip it and move through FTP to the "modules" folder for after installing it through the module section in the backoffice.

The issue is that after doing these steps the module does not appear in the module section in the backoffice.

I did this workflow before and never failed.

I'm missing any step?

Thanks,

• Like 1

18 answers to this question

Thanks for the info selectshop.at

So, how to update the Prestashop version in Prestashop Cloud?

I opened one PS Cloud two months ago and it is 1.6.0.11 while version 1.6.0.14 was already released. I think this update could solve an issue in one of my modules.

Best regards,

I understand selectshop.at, this feature is blocked.

Could you please tell me an official source where I could read that information?

The issue is that the official info from Prestashop about it is that "1-Click Upgrade - AutoUpgrade Module" is "Prestashop Cloud Compatible" (I attach an screenshot)

I find this contradictory official information quite annoying.

Screenshot:

2zqfvop.jpg

Best regards,

Edited by Alex Alcácer (see edit history)

I didn't told you that the module is not compatible, but it is not available for to be used on Prestashop Cloud.!

Concerning official infomation: I have this information from developer, cause I was asking about the versions in use on PS Cloud. But if you search here in Prestashop Cloud forum, perhaps you will find the answer to the problem of several Prestashop Cloud versions (according to the date you have installed your shop). I don't remember on which topic I answered to an user and developer wrote this, what I'm passing you as note.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

How to upload modules via FTP to Prestashop Cloud:

1) unzip the module you downloaded to your local machine.

2) connect to your FTP with filezilla

3) load the unzipped module to the folder /modules of your FTP

4) Go to tab modules, verify if module is listed there. If yes, try to use. BUT without any obligo. If your shop stops to work, cause upgrade fails, it is up to your own risk.

Prestashop certainly has a good reason why the module is not included on the Prestashop Cloud package.

Really thanks for that information. I did those 3 steps but the issue is that the "1-Click Upgrade module" does not appear in tab modules.

Leaving out the linguistic issue "compatible" / "available", offering a module to download as "compatible" while it can't be installed because is not "available" does not have any sense. It's quite confusing. At least Prestashop should inform that in the module description.

Any Prestashop Cloud staff could tell us when "1-Click Upgrade - AutoUpgrade Module" will be available?

Best regards,

You can take also a look into this topic: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/401361-ideal-payment-modules/?do=findComment&comment=1972045

It's from developer. I'm sure that Prestashop has a good reason for to remove a native module from the Prestashop Cloud module list.

Yes, I understand and I respect it. I only claim about the lack of information for the Prestashop Cloud customers. I spent a thousand euros in modules and there is no deep information for us; besides there is no support from the addons.prestashop.com staff, when I asked them I only received discount vouchers.

Just a few words in the module description would be appreciate: "This module is not available in Prestashop Cloud".

Thanks for your kind help selectshop.at.

Best regards,

There is nothing related to 1-click-module, but in general:

"As we now host the shops, we must keep a level of "control" to maintain the quality of the modules installed on the shops."

As I told: there must be a good reason for to remove the native and official module from the list on Cloud.

• Like 1

@LeukvanLieke - Please write in English, if you expect an answer to your question.

Is er misschien al bekend wanneer dat PS in de cloud naar 1.6.0.14 gaat?

Used google translator:  Is there perhaps already known when that PS in the cloud is going to 1.6.0.14?

If you install a new Prestashop Cloud shop, you will drive with PS 1.6.0.14. For your question, I cannot say, I'm not involved on Cloud development. You can try to use the support option for your question (see screen)

post-741527-0-24560900-1429717718_thumb.jpg

If you open a new PS Cloud you got version 1.6.0.14

But if you open your PS Cloud a version/s ago you can't update it, as "1-Click Upgrade - AutoUpgrade Module" is not available for us.

We can't access to the database either.

Maybe someone can tell to the community how to update a PS Cloud.

Regards,