USPS shipping module nightmare, only one shipping method in cart

Hi,

I'm really hoping I can get some help on newest obstacle in trying to get my new site up and running (6 months and counting) is now with the USPS shipping module. This has been ongoing for 2 months in me not being able to get the USPS module working beyond the one USPS first class method. THe rest do not show up in the cart for carriers. I've reinstalled and uninstalled this module so many times I'm up to carrier ID # is well over in the 100's. I've tried all suggestions posted in the solved forum posts but still have the result. This is so frustrating. The zones are correct, I'm not using advanced stock management, shipping location, range and costs are set but still can not get any other shipping method other than first class to show. The fedex shipping module works....but I don't use them.

Back to my very first fresh install I do remember seeing all USPS methods listed but I was having trouble adjusting the rates so uninstalled. Ever since then only first class shows in the cart which makes me think it's a database/cache issue (even though my cache is set too off).

Is there a way to totally start over with the carrier's going back to ID #1? I've truncated the carrier databases after all the uninstalls but it still seems to save previous assigned ID's. Please can someone instruct me how to to a complete fresh install in the USPS shipping module or help me figure out why this is not working?

Site is https://www.antiquereproductionjewelry.com and use test item SR-2190 to add to cart as products with option attributes are not configured yet for the cart.

As much as I would love to buy a module to solve every little problem to work around all the road blocks I have run into with Prestashop, I can't afford them all.  I have to pick and choose which ones are worth investing in and what things I can modify to to point where it will do. For the time being I used the working Fedex module and selected the shipping methods that reasonably matched the same price level as USPS. Uploaded the USPS logo and changed the shipping name to match USPS method ID's. I'm using the Fedex API but from the front office customers see USPS. It will do for now as I do Free shipping for 75% of my orders.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

You are definitely not alone.  I have been using Prestashop for 3 years now and running ecommerce businesses for 16 years. I did buy a third-party USPS module too and still cant get all of the shipping methods to show up when needed.  The UPS module always seem to work but not the USPS methods.  I am not sure if it has to do with complicating warehouse locations (we have one), weights, addresses, etc. but it's still not working.  It simply makes no sense.

• Like 1