Need help in linking domain for my store

ashu13

Question

Hi, 

I have created my store on prestashop cloud. Everything is fine. The only problem i am facing is with domain linking.

Althoough i have followed the same instruction as mentioned in http://doc.prestashop.com/display/CLOUD/Managing+domain+names#Managingdomainnames-AddinganexistingdomainnametoPrestaShopCloud

Now, when trying to access my store url www.sajaomeraghar.com, it is redirecting me to

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/app=core&section=login&referer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.prestashop.com%2Fcloud%2Fen%2F%3Furl%3Dwww.sajaomeraghar.com%252F

And when looking into the manage store section, it is showing me status as "Waiting for DNS".

Please help me at your earliest as i have already make the site live.

Thanks in Advance !!

Suggestion and help are appreciated !!

Thanks,

Ashu

post-953248-0-84734400-1427359874_thumb.jpg

20 answers to this question

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem than Ashu.

However, my domain is hosted at uolhost not Godaddy and also prestashop instructions says to register different IP than 37.59.xxx.xx, they said me to register my store IP 192.99.xxx on  UOL Host Type A.

I just did it....

Prestashop cloud 1.6.

Are there anymore to do ?

Thanks for helping...

Marcia

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem than Ashu.

However, my domain is hosted at uolhost not Godaddy and also prestashop instructions says to register different IP than 37.59.xxx.xx, they said me to register my store IP 192.99.xxx on  UOL Host Type A.

I just did it....

Prestashop cloud 1.6.

Are there anymore to do ?

Thanks for helping...

Marcia

I'm not sure you understood what you should change. Your IP on DNS Godaddy is 192.99... If to have Prestashop Cloud Shop, or any other shop on CDN or other hoster, you need to change the IP 192.99 (which is the IP of DNS (domain name)), to point to the server were you are hosting the shop. In this case it is 37.59....

So go to your DNS Panel of the domain and change all entries of IP 192.99.. to 37.59... Than the domain name will be redirected from 192.99 to the server of your shop 37.59....

• Like 1

Yes, you are right, i have no understood what I should do....

Anyway, now I entried correctly IP on Type A on my domain name host (UOL HOst) and prestashop keep showing me "waiting DNS"  since yesterday.

Should IP be changed on UOL Host (my host for domain name) right ?  Or should i do anything on Godaddy also ?

Thanks,

Marcia 

The IP should always changed at were you bought the Domain, or is responsible for the DNS. You bought your domain by Godaddy ? or UOL ? IF UOL is the DNS provider, so you should change there. If you hosted something with your URL at Godaddy (Shop for ex.), so you should delete the host there. I'm not sure what exact architecture you have.

Please explain what you have on Godaddy ? A shop ? You are moving from Godaddy to Presta Cloud ?

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)
  • Like 1

My store is already at Prestashop Cloud 1.6.

My domain name is hosted at Uol Host.

I have included IP 37.59.161.130 in Type A in my Painel on Uol Host.

However, my store is still show "Waiting for DNS" since march/28.

Thanks for helping,

Marcia

Included means ? You deleted the IP there and replaced with 37.59.161.130 for ALL A-records ? If yes this is than correct.

What is the part of Goddady ? If you have there a webspace on which the domain is also pointed, it will not work. It is difficult to advise you, if we don't know exact which constellation do you have .

Can you please name us the URL in order that we can track it and see which servers the request is trespassing ?

• Like 1

Hi,

I deleted all IP existing and replaced with 37.59.161.130 for ALL A-records.

I don´t know what i have on Goddaddy, I'm only an user trying to configurer my store by my own.

I just made my webshop on prestashop cloud 1.6 using the ready modules offered.  And bought my domain name at Uol Host. Just it.

My subdomain active in prestashop is:    titakaran.pswebstore.com

And i'm trying to change to domain: titakaran.com

Thank you for your patience and supporting,

The domain you named "titakaran.com"  points to IP 216.33.196.66 - Domain Name Server of mercado.libre. You are sure you are the owner of the domain titakaran.com ? Registar is UOL - UNIVERSO ONLINE S/A, so also owner of the domain. Is this you, your company ? From what I can see the owner of the domain titakaran at the end is mercado.libre, as a leased shop.

http://mxtoolbox.com/archive/?actionstring=a:titakaran.com#

If you bought the domain, than you should revert to were you bought it (UOL ? Godaddy ?) and ask why the domain points to mercado.libre servers and why you are unable to change the pointer. The pointers should be changed on the DNS of the mercado.libre server in this case, but if you are not the owner of the domain, mercado libre will not give you a domain for free. I think you bought there a package for to use, but not for owning.

Why I think this ? There is a Mercado Libre Shop already added to this domain: http://www.titakaran.com/

You cannot add two shops to the same URL with different IP's. You need to cancel the host at mercado libre before. It is not possible to have one URL pointed to two different IP's.

The role of Godaddy in this case for me still not clear.

• Like 1

I see....

The domain is mine.  I had a shop at mercado.libre and had his IP on my Type A on UOL host.  However, I have replaced their IP to Prestashop IP.  I don't know why they are still pointed to mercado.libre.   When I see my painel at Uol host i can see only Prestashop IP not mercado.livre IP anymore....

I want to change my old shop from mercado libre to this new one in prestashop...

And how about NS address ?  What should I put on record Type: NS ?

Thanks ! 

I was reading the mercadoshop rules. From what I can see you bought with a package a sub-domain which is redirected so, that it seems to be a first-level domain. You should contact them and cancel your contract there, AND negotiate with UOL (which registered the domain) to have an owner changing.

The domain you named at this time is not free and the real owner mercado.libre.

You cannot use this domain for to add to a Prestashop, cause you are not the owner. Buy a new domain or negotiate to have the titakaran.com overwritten to you. Than with a domain name registered to you as owner you can point /change the IP of DNS-Server to Prestashop IP.

• Like 1

On the net there are several different status on this domain. I found one updated on February of this year with new owner Marcia....

So domain is yours. Why you cannot change pointer ? You should ask UOL please. The change of pointers could be taken 24 hours. So if you changed the IP yesterday, please wait today and check tomorrow. If pointer is not changed by tomorrow (at the moment when you ping the domain, the actual IP is 216.33.196.66); so please contact than UOL. Something wrong with pointing or release of your domain happened.

Today, new day. When I ping titakaran.com, so again I have the answer that your shop is hosted as mercadoshop. I fear that if you don't cancel the hosting package there, you will not have luck into change the pointer to Prestashop Cloud Shop.

Please contact UOL and mercado.libre, and ask them to delete the shop you are running on IP 216.33.196.66

Hi,

I got in touch with them and seems everything is ok with domain now.  My domain is not pointed to mercado.livre anymore.  However it is not pointed to prestashop either...

UolHost asked to get in touch with prestashop to figure out if it is necessary to add a DN address in NS record or only IP is enough ?

Thanks for helping once more.

Marcia

Only change the IP it is enough. You should change all A records to the IP of Prestashop. The change of pointers could be take 24 hrs. after the change.

I've pinged your Domain and it is already pointed to: 37.59.161.130. You should now check the configuration of your Prestashop Cloud Shop.

• Like 1