Spinning save button in Prestashop 1.6.0.14 products page

Hi, yes known but not resolved. Installed fresh 1.6.0.14 nd problem still persists, regardless of setting relating to cache and seo, disabling, enabling, Smarty Cache or even disable apache multiviewer as some suggest, you can clean the cache as much you like, the problem just keeps coming back. I will try changing the DOSPageInterval.server. today.

• 2 weeks later...

The same on dev. version 1.6.1.0 ... Found the article named kinda "Troubleshooting the spinning save button in Prestashop 1.6", but did not found any error described in it. In dev mode there's no errors, all logs are empty.

My config:

NGINX 1.7.11

hhvm 3.6.1

mariadb 10.1.3

memcache 1.4.14

Server has 16G ram, 3TB hdd, and 8-core cpu core i7

UPD. After migrating to php-fpm backend, on clean install everything is ok.

Edited by DaoKakao (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Folks, it seems, i just found the endless spin solution. Don't know, weather it suitable for every case, but in my case it helped.

Decision: there's bug/feature in the file /admin/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/uploader/attachment_ajax.tpl,

• LINE #63:  maxFileSize: {$post_max_size},

JS debugger shows, that $post_mas_size variable is empty, so template rendered to: maxFileSize: , <- here we've got the JS error [Expected expression, got ',']

i replaced this string to this quick an dirty hack: maxFileSize: {$post_max_size|default:0}, (note, comma at the end of line is mandatory), and voila - everything is working. Also there's could be any number instead zero.

I'd like to mention, that's dirty hack - i don't know, why the $post_max_size variable did not initialized properly, didn't found where it should be. Also there's file ajax.tpl in the same directory containin same code, and just for safe, i fixed it too.

UPD. My config: nginx 1.7 + hhvm 3.6

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Spent some day diving deeper into PS' chitterlings due to disabled and spinning "Save...." buttons on product editing page. As it seems to me, it's impossible to speedup page load less than to 7-13 sec. It because of algo used for page load:

1. AdminProductController loads page, according to form.tpl, which has script for further product' tab re/load.
2. AdminProductController send sorted array of tabs ('stack') to that JS script.
3. The most time-consuming phase: JS script makes further tabs PREloads, sequentially processing that array, one-by-one. Each tab load=page load request, all 13 tabs (minimum, didn't count possible custom tabs) take near 13 secs for load totally, during that we'll see the "spinnin" glyph.
4. Only when ALL the tabs are PREloaded, the "Save..." buttons turns enabled.

So strange: there's already coded and working possibility to load tabs not by bulk, but on demand (onClick?). Nevertheless all of them processed sequentially, one-after-another.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Folks, it seems, i just found the endless spin solution. Don't know, weather it suitable for every case, but in my case it helped.

Decision: there's bug/feature in the file /admin/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/uploader/attachment_ajax.tpl,

• LINE #63:  maxFileSize: {$post_max_size},

JS debugger shows, that $post_mas_size variable is empty, so template rendered to: maxFileSize: , <- here we've got the JS error [Expected expression, got ',']

i replaced this string to this quick an dirty hack: maxFileSize: {$post_max_size|default:0}, (note, comma at the end of line is mandatory), and voila - everything is working. Also there's could be any number instead zero.

I'd like to mention, that's dirty hack - i don't know, why the $post_max_size variable did not initialized properly, didn't found where it should be. Also there's file ajax.tpl in the same directory containin same code, and just for safe, i fixed it too.

UPD. My config: nginx 1.7 + hhvm 3.6

It worked for me ! just after cleanning the cache's. Many thanks !

Furst, take a look at your system configuration. This fix is primarily suitable for systems using hhvm as a php backend.

Second: unfortunately, now Prestashop consumes a lot of resources itself, so shared hosting could be not enoufh

even though I use a shared hosting things running fast for everything else. updating categories and manufacturers are kind of fast, so far i have to delete all directories and reinstall again then it works kind of fast then it stuck again.

removing all modules from ActionProductUpdate didnt help either

Seems like problem with webserver/php configuration at your hosting. I don't understand, why not to use dedicated server for e-shop? (serverbidding.com 4 instance)

My host is OVH kind of famous company all other e-commerce software like magneto and others runs as a charm on my current host, I wonder if anyone could develop a simple

module to edit the products i don't know it s very hard to change some fields with the old fashioned interface.

just found a temporary solution for my weekend for those who are frustrated by this issue and I imagine there are hundreds as i see in the forum they can try the musicmaster, '[Free Script] Product mass-edit, Category multi-edit, Order Edit

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/185401-free-script-product-mass-edit-category-multi-edit-order-edit/

it works kind of fast though the interface is tricky but it s great tool for updating the products.

Edited by martenBoy (see edit history)

yuppee I think I found the cause of the problem at least for my situation first I strongly recommend reading the guide

Troubleshooting the spinning save button in Prestashop 1.6.0.11 and above

at the following link

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/nemops/troubleshooting_the_spinning_save_button_in_prestashop_16011_and_above/

well the issue for my case was a conflict in one module I downloaded it was the call inside hookHeader($params)

$this->context->controller->addJqueryUI('ui.datepicker');

I went to module positions and clicked on “Display non-positionable hooks and removed the module from

displayBackOfficeHeader.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same spinning save button problem, after upgrading PrestaShop 1.6,  while trying to save products from my PC that is running  windows7 professional OS, while on the other PC that is running windows 8 all is fine...any suggestion, thanks!

• 4 months later...

Not sure if this helps.

But I had same problem. My save button kept loading in "product". I couldn't create a new or edit a product.

I've just installed the shop, what is wrong?

I took the advised from someone here (Sorry, can't remember your name) and clicked on each tab to see if some of the tabs were missing or failing.

It turns out the "Attachment" tabs was the culpit. - It kept loading.

I "cried" a few days because I searched the whole web and couldn't find the solution to my problem.

One day I accidental got to the "Configuration" page and I noticed that one of my files were missing.

It turns out that my 'attachment.tpl' was missing when I uploaded and installed the shop?

(I don't know why it wasn't uploaded coz my locale computer did have the file)

Anyway, I uploaded the file and BINGO, it worked!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...