Files structure reset to default?

toroscarol

Question

First of all I am new here so I`m sorry if I sound like a "noob"!

Yesterday I purchased a theme from prestashop addons, I imported it into my store, there were some graphic elements from the default theme that remained on the front office so I deleted the default theme. The elements were still there so I started to mess with the root file structure in my ftp and then all hell broke loose. Now my site doesnt work. When I try to access it from my back office I get this:  http://emilys.ro/ro/?live_configurator_token=e6bfed208716b093b4763277df8f6285&id_employee=2&id_shop=1        in the adress bar.

So I was wondering if there is any way to reset to default or something like that???

I also placed a ticket in support but I saw that on forum you get your answers resolved quicker so I hope for the best!

Thank you in advanced for all your answers!

Edited by toroscarol (see edit history)

13 answers to this question

Which Prestashop Version do you have ? My cloud shop is showing 1.6.0.11, but someone told me that it could be different.

You can download your Prestashop Version here: https://www.prestashop.com/en/developers-versions#previous-version

1) extract the folder to your local machine.

2) Open your FTP (filezilla) and transfer the folder /themes/defaultbootstrap/ to your FTP to the folder /themes.

3) After this go to your back-office tab "preferences -> themes" and change the theme the default one

4) Clear the cache on your browser (key F5) and clear smarty cache on tab advanced parameters -> performance -> on the top "clean cache".

By this way you restore the native theme and modules.

• Like 1

My cloud shop is showing 1.6.0.11, but someone told me that it could be different.

This is right. Cloud versions are equivalent to Download versions, so when you create your Cloud store it's the main version. There are Cloud store in 1.6.0.10/.../14 and very soon there will be an upgrade process to upgrade your Cloud version to the latest.

Still waiting for the answer from theme support...Till then I`m gonna ask here. Why do elements from the default theme still show in my front office (menus, categories, product photos and so on) after I activated a new purchased theme. I did everything that the pdf that came with the theme instructed, I cleared the cache in my back office, in my browser and I still cannot see the theme as I purchased it?

We cannot answer. You must wait for the answer of theme developer. We don't know each team that is available on the net for Prestashop. The developer knows what he coded better and how to manage. Normally when you install a new theme you install also some new features coming extra with the theme (modules for ex.). Ir there is a duplicity so the bought theme should disable the native modules and enable the modules coded for the theme. By clearing the cache all double things should disappear. If not, than something wrong gone by installing or there is another method specified by the developer to re-arrange his theme.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)