[SOLVED] max_input_vars error because it's reading from /usr/local/lib/php.ini

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to solve this problem for days and still have no solution. I have the same problem as a lot of people who tries to translate prestashop. I need to increase max_var_input to 5000.

I have made all the possible changes I found on this forum. Even contacted my server support (name.com) and they said the same I read here. When I insisted on saying it didn't worked they didn't say anything else.

The point is that If I read the phpinfo.php I see that max_var_input has been properly changed and it says that is reading the php.ini file that I created with the new parameters (path: /public_html/mydomain.com/php.ini, but I still have the problem. I downloaded a free module from this forum called "etiendas.co phpinfo" that analyses the php info by a different way and it shows a different php info, with the max_input_vars=1000. The php configuration path is different too (/usr/local/lib/php.ini). I guess that for any reason is reading this second configuration despite of the first one.

Could you help me please? I don't know what else I can do.

Thx!

Edited by DisfrazVillage (see edit history)

Have you tried putting a copy of your php.ini file into your admin folder?

I thought my admin folder was /public_html/mydomain.com . What's my admin folder?

When I began to create websites I had no idea about server and created the root domain at /public_html, not at his own folder. In this same /public_html I have created folder for my other domains. Could it be the problem?

Edited by DisfrazVillage (see edit history)

When you first loaded prestashop you will have a folder with admin,cache,classes etc folders, whereas you should have renamed your admin folder, therefore....

Your admin folder will be in /public_html/YOUR-SHOP-DOMAIN/THE-NAME-OF-YOUR-ADMIN-FOLDER

• Like 2

When you first loaded prestashop you will have a folder with admin,cache,classes etc folders, whereas you should have renamed your admin folder, therefore....

Your admin folder will be in /public_html/YOUR-SHOP-DOMAIN/THE-NAME-OF-YOUR-ADMIN-FOLDER

Mickeyboy1, you've made my day!

My scenario (a little help to DisfrazVillage ;P)

1 - in public_html, two subfolders contain one shop each.

2 - My php.ini file only contains the string max_input_vars = 10000;

3 - In the origin, this php.ini file was only existing in the public_html folder. PS engine wasn't able to see it [and I was about to get soooo angry with the service provider... poor guys! lol!]

4 - Now, after Mickeyboy1's suggestion, I've copied the same php.ini file inside the admin folder of both shops, and it works like a charm!

Micheyboy1, thanks very much for your help :D

Ciao,

Valeria

• Like 1

Awesome! It works! I can't believe it was only this change.

Thank you so much

Mickeyboy1, you've made my day!

My scenario (a little help to DisfrazVillage ;P)

1 - in public_html, two subfolders contain one shop each.

2 - My php.ini file only contains the string max_input_vars = 10000;

3 - In the origin, this php.ini file was only existing in the public_html folder. PS engine wasn't able to see it [and I was about to get soooo angry with the service provider... poor guys! lol!]

4 - Now, after Mickeyboy1's suggestion, I've copied the same php.ini file inside the admin folder of both shops, and it works like a charm!

Micheyboy1, thanks very much for your help :D

Ciao,

Valeria