Testing PrestaShop on Mamp doesn't work

Hi there,
I am (trying) testing PS on a Mac running MAMP.
Going through the installation process, when I arrive to the point "4" and click the submit button it doesn't go to the step "5".
Checking for the database I can see it is been filled, so I gone to the admin page (after deleting install folder and renamed admin one) I tried to log in but I got the error:
There is 1 error
1. employee does not exist, or bad password
I am sure the UN and PWD are right… :(

Thanks for your help.

(PrestaShop really rocks!)

Hi caruso_g,

Welcome to the PrestaShop Forum!

PS on MAMP has been working fine for me for 9 months now, through many different builds. I'm not a programmer so I may not be able to help you, but I can attest to the fact that it works.

Via phpMyAdmin you set a password via the Privileges tab, right? And you entered that exact password in the PS installer, and it still didn't connect?

Ciao Peter,
the problem is not the database, it is been created and populated by the example tables. The problem is the creation, i guess, of the admin account.
I am able to go through all the installation steps till number 4. Then, clicking on creation buttons I can't see any step forward. The installation stop at number 4, and doesn't go to the step 5. It seems it didn't do anything, but if I check the database it is been filled with the tales.
Then, trying to get in in the admin page it says me that there is no "employee" with that E-mail, or that the PWD is wrong…