Can you transfer databases between domains?

Hi. I've had to switch hosting companies since godaddy is a pain in the butt! I managed to transfer the database on the new domain name, and the front end works fine. However, I can't log in to my admistrative area no matter what I do. It says the, "employee does not exist, or bad password", eventhough I know they are correct. I tried copying over the config files but to no avail. I really don't want to have to re-enter everything again as I already spent a long time doing this. Any ideas? Thank you.

No matter what I do I still can't get past the admin area. I have looked in my database and the password and email are the same I keep typing in.

By looking into your DB, how can you know your password?
Or did you try to re-generate an MD5 encoded string for a new password?

Thanks again AMW Design. I just noticed one other thing. After switching databases like that, everything was perfectly fine, except the settings I hade made from the home page editor in backoffice didn't carry over. This was no problem for me since it was really easy to fix the homepage (so much better then rebuilding the whole store). I don't know if this is a bug, or supposed to happen, just want to put it out there.

Glad i could help :)

This isn't a bug you just need to make sure you upload your editorial directory as the new tpl files would of replaced your old ones
also if you have any custom pages make sure you re-upload the relevant php & tpl files hence the reason for backing up ;-)

HI. I manged to get the problem resolved, AMWDesign figured it all out for me. He said it was a bug in the prestashop installation. He told me briefly what he did, but I don't know exactly how to do it. I believe he said, that a setting related to the ps_employee table was incorrect. I'm sure he can tell you exactly what to do. Sorry I can't be of more assistance. I gave him access to my database and hosting to fix the problem. Anyways it would be good if he could state the solution for noobs like me who need a detailed explanation, and incase I have to switch a database again.

Sorry you're having trouble, and I sympathize, as I've been there. :)
Take care.

@ Rory,
Finally how did you get access to admin area?

@ amwdesign,
Could you tell me how to reset admin password? I tried to re-generate MD5 string then modify in PHPMyadmin but it does not work.

Thanks.