PayPal payments doubled the amount 1.6.0.11

Rogerio Lima

Good morning fellows, I'm experiencing a problem that is drive me crazy :(

Since I have updated my store from Prestashop 1.5 to 1.6.0.11 (one month ago), all the Paypal payments are summed in double. I have the latest Paypal module installed.

As you can see in the picture below, my customer make an order, everything looks fine in the order page.

But when we go to the customer account page, we see the total spent value in double. It happens right after the order being placed without any change in the order status.

post-25585-0-31041200-1425819086_thumb.jpg

post-25585-0-01610100-1425819099_thumb.jpg

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Edited by Rogerio Lima (see edit history)

Not sure I can help, but we can try some troubleshooting.  Start with providing details...

1) What Paypal module are you using?  (Paypal USA or Paypal Europe)

2) What version of the module are you using?

3) After you performed the upgrade, did you uninstall/re-install or reset the module?

4) Are you using any other currencies besides EURO?

Thank you for your reply my friend.

I'm using the Paypal oficial module (Europe) version: 3.8.2

I have already re-install the module and I'm getting the same problem.

My shop (mundilar.net) have two currencies, but I only accept Euro for payments.

Kind regards,

So your website uses both Euro and Real currencies. 

Does this issue only occur when the customer checks out using Real, and you have the Paypal module convert to Euro?  Or does it also occur when the customer checks out using Euro?

Do you have any custom modules installed?  Do you have any overrides installed?

I have the two currencies but is only possible to checkout in Euros my friend.

I don't understand what that means.  If I choose Real, how does your website prevent me from checkout?

I have some overrides for other modules that I use.

And have you tried to remove or disable them to see if they are causing the issue?

I have set in the Prestashop back office the coin restriction per payment, in this case, in Real you can't pay with Paypal.

I don't have try to disable the coin but I will try, but I don't have any user checking out with that currency, because I don't sell to Brazil directly by our website (I have disabled the country).

So to answer my original question, this problem only occurs when a customer checkouts out using EUR currency?  

If you do not accept payments using the Real currency.  Then why do you have it enabled at all?

And what is coin?

I have set in the Prestashop back office the coin restriction per payment....

I don't have try to disable the coin but I will try...

And some additional questions

1) Does this occur for every order using Paypal?

2) Is the customer actually being charged double?  Or is this just an issue when displaying the payment amount in the order details?

3) What happens if you use a different payment module, like bankwire or check?

I'm sorry for my English, I mean currency (coin).

I have many customers in Brazil, but our online store is not prepared to make sales outside European Union, I don't want to due the nature of the items.

So, a customer in Brazil see the articles that he want and I send to them a Paypal Invoice to they can pay for it.

Yes this situation occurs in every Paypal orders, no, the customer is only charged once, and in the order page you don't see anything wrong as you can see in the pictures attached on my first post.

All the other payment methods works fine.

Very strange situation,

Kind regards,