Configuring Google Sitemap Default Module

Ben90

Hi guys,

I wonder to create the sitemap for my site using Google Sitemap pre-installed from Prestashop 1.6.0.9 (default theme).

The sitemap generated address is /1_en_0_sitemap.xml instead of /sitemap.xml

I wonder how can I fix this or is it alright if I leave it like that? So what I need to do is submit that "odd address" to Google, Yahoo, Bing, right? Or do you think it's better to fix it so that the sitemap address is /sitemap.xml ?

Edited by rukano (see edit history)

Hi friend, It is because prestashop sitemap is made for Google, Don´t change it, it will be more easy for future updates of prestashop module

If you made your shop in more languajes you will need with that systax, (is very interresting have you shop in more languajes for google shopping). In Google webmasters tools you will need the sitemap index (/1_index_sitemap.xml) who call to your future sitemaps (1_en_0_sitemap.xml, 1_de_0_sitemap.xml,1_es_0_sitemap.xml,1_fr_0_sitemap.xml,1_it_0_sitemap.xml, 1_br_0_sitemap.xml)

BUT

There is life beyond google, thinking about other browsers ... I would copy "1_en_0_sitemap.xml" named "sitemap.xml" and put it also in the root of your domain. Nothing is lost and help other robots

• Like 2

Hi friend, It is because prestashop sitemap is made for Google, Don´t change it, it will be more easy for future updates of prestashop module

If you made your shop in more languajes you will need with that systax, (is very interresting have you shop in more languajes for google shopping). In Google webmasters tools you will need the sitemap index (/1_index_sitemap.xml) who call to your future sitemaps (1_en_0_sitemap.xml, 1_de_0_sitemap.xml,1_es_0_sitemap.xml,1_fr_0_sitemap.xml,1_it_0_sitemap.xml, 1_br_0_sitemap.xml)

BUT

There is life beyond google, thinking about other browsers ... I would copy "1_en_0_sitemap.xml" named "sitemap.xml" and put it also in the root of your domain. Nothing is lost and help other robots

We only use English to be honest, it's been there since the beginning before I know it.

Alright, so I make the copy of "1_en_0_sitemap.xml" & rename it as "sitemap.xml" and put it on the root. The only problem is it can't be automatically updated, right? Because the file who got an update from the module is "1_en_0_sitemap.xml", correct? So, I need to re-upload it manually if there's any changes.

Hi guys,

I wonder to create the sitemap for my site using Google Sitemap pre-installed from Prestashop 1.6.0.9 (default theme).

The sitemap generated address is /1_en_0_sitemap.xml instead of /sitemap.xml

I wonder how can I fix this or is it alright if I leave it like that? So what I need to do is submit that "odd address" to Google, Yahoo, Bing, right? Or do you think it's better to fix it so that the sitemap address is /sitemap.xml ?

It's fine.

You do not need to change anything. The sitemap file name can be any.

My sitemaps are normally crawled by several search engines. For 3 years I didn't have any problems in this regards.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Please set up the following Sitemap URL in your Google Webmaster account:
1_index_sitemap.xml

This URL is the master Sitemaps file. It refers to the following sub-sitemap files:

1_en_0_sitemap.xml

I have seen videos where they sitemap they include in webmaster tooks is the en_0_sitemap.xml  but reading the Google Sitemap module text above on my PS 1.6.0.13 it says to submit the 1_index_sitemap.xml.   What is recommended?    Submit the master only or sub-sitemap only?  or both?

Thanks,

Please set up the following Sitemap URL in your Google Webmaster account:
1_index_sitemap.xml

This URL is the master Sitemaps file. It refers to the following sub-sitemap files:

1_en_0_sitemap.xml

I have seen videos where they sitemap they include in webmaster tooks is the en_0_sitemap.xml  but reading the Google Sitemap module text above on my PS 1.6.0.13 it says to submit the 1_index_sitemap.xml.   What is recommended?    Submit the master only or sub-sitemap only?  or both?

Thanks,

You need to submit only the main sitemap file, having links to other secondary sitemaps.

Edited by Tanatus (see edit history)