Cannot display Favicon normally

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issue with the Favicon not showing up in my shop (backoffice) but did in the front office. 

I went to the Preferences/Themes - Icons, and right clicked on the incorrect image that displayed, in my case it was "?" and it was showing that it wanted to point to a "jpg" file. I had created my favicons as "ico" files. So I went to my CPanel and copied and renamed the file to the .jpg file extension and it worked for me.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi. Please help. I am trying to change the favicon in the back office, i select the file which i want to upload and click on save but it does not show. when i go back to the icons tab, the favicon pic still shows. when i refresh my website even after clearing the cache, the original favicon shows. i tried using jpg, bmp and png files. none work. i cleared my cache as well. i also deleted the favicon from /img directory and when i go to the icons tab in backoffice it does not show, but when i refresh my website, the favicon is still there. i also copied the files i want to the /img directory and changed the file name in the header.tpl file to the file i want to see as the icon, i cleared my cache but the favicon original icon still shows. the store icon file works but the favicon does not work. i am using ver 1.6.1.4. 

Edit. I used this and it worked for me. Sorry cannot paste the link here, but search for "Favicon" in the "Search in the Forum" search box. In the list is [solved] Change favicon. I used what was mentioned in the post by microswiftsoft and it worked for me.

Edited by NewUser001 (see edit history)