error message for email

Dear:

error message:

There is 1 error :

an error occurred while sending message

I login back office---preferences-email and select item1 (Use PHP mail() function. Recommended; works in most cases.show up.) , Above error message will appear at the screen when I testing email (contact-us.php).
I know, it's because my host have no SMTP function.

Select item2 (Set my own SMTP parameters. For advanced users ONLY) and parameters setup correctly, error message as before. PS: My email host has been tested.

Pease help me ....

Hi

You may be having the same problems as I posted about here

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/3935/

I have temporarily resolved the problem by using my ISP’s SMTP however email from my ISP address do not look very professional and I would rather use my Domain email

Many web space providers are now requesting email ‘from you’ and ‘to you’ for security reasons.

It would be great to hear a response from the Prestashop team on this issue.

Regards.

Ken.

Many web space providers are now requesting email ‘from you’ and ‘to you’ for security reasons.

That's what I thought the problem is. But as Swift (the mailer Class in Prestashop) doesn't use mail(), which my provider has configured for security reasons, I don't know how to fix this. I have mailed to my provider waiting for their answer.

I think the admins here don't know much of swift, the didn't know Swift has a log to enable, and I don't know how to enable this :(

• 2 weeks later...

Spott I think you may have missed the issue. There is a bug with settig up your own smtp parameters.

PHPMail works for me but I did have the problem when I installed V1.0. It is not a hosting problem it is a PS problem.

My question would be has anybody reported this as a bug?