Can't remove 'Powered by PrestaShop' from emails, even after removing code

Hi guys,

I know I'm an absolute noob with PrestaShop and I've just run into another obstacle.

As the title states, I can't removed 'Powered by PrestaShop' from emails.

I followed advice shared by tdr170 from this forum but it still remains.

I've downloaded all ~68 files from mails/en/ and removed anything that says Powered by PrestaShop and re-uploaded all of them to the same directory - overwriting the original files but it still remains.

Does anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong or not doing?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I know I'm an absolute noob with PrestaShop and I've just run into another obstacle.

As the title states, I can't removed 'Powered by PrestaShop' from emails.

I followed advice shared by tdr170 from this forum but it still remains.

I've downloaded all ~68 files from mails/en/ and removed anything that says Powered by PrestaShop and re-uploaded all of them to the same directory - overwriting the original files but it still remains.

Does anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong or not doing?

Thanks!

Hi did you check the folder of the theme you are using? The correct way of overriding modules and templates is to place the modified ones into the theme folder and not changing the core folders. You may have the email templates there.

What emails are showing powered by prestashop as the emails sent from mail alerts are in the mail alerts module, so if it is the new order, out of stock etc. You will need to edit the emails within the module.

There are other modules as well that have thier own emails such as Follow Up so depending on the modules you use there may be addition emails to edit.

Hi all, thanks for your help.

Kvesal, I'm just using the Default Bootstrap theme. I had a look in the theme directory and there wasn't anything there for mail or related to the files I need to edit.

Cille5, Yes I did

tdr170, I don't have the mail alerts module installed, it's all just the default mailing system.

cadoushop, at this stage it looks as though that's the key. It's going to take quite a long time to go through them, but I'll report back when it's complete. 

Thanks everybody for taking the time to help!

UPDATE: cadoushop you're spot on the money! Thanks!

I went through and changed everything under the 'View/Edit text version' which didn't make a difference (for whatever reason)

So I went through and altered everything under the 'Edit HTML version' header and that did the trick!

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like for anybody having a similar problem.

Thanks everybody!!

• 5 years later...

After spending almost a day trying to figure it out I have found the solution on Prestashop 1.7.6.4 - there is a known bug that when you try edit translations in back office it does not save and I can't help but wonder if intentional to keep prestashop signature on emails (otherwise just a bug - noted as a bug). Long story short... do this:

1- You need to download files by FTP or similar from this directory: \themes\[THEME]\mails\[LANGUAGE]\

2- Edit both the *.html (first image below) and *.txt (second image below) files to remove the link. I use and prefer Notepad+ + for editing - see highlighted sections to look for and delete.

*.html

image.png.c62525387b62567cc7cd84685ec748b1.png

*.txt

image.png.0acdfd016eb441cfa0cf3a4373eb806a.png

3- Upload and overwrite existing files. Done!

HANDY TIP TO SPEED UP PROCESS: Notepad+ + allows you to record the process and 'replay/play' it to repeat process on the file. ie: 1- Press 'Record' (see below image) / 2- 'Find' highlighted/copied text / 3- 'Right click' text and 'Delete' text / 4- Click 'File' then 'Save' / 5- Click 'File' then 'Close' / 6- Press 'Stop' to Stop Recording / 7- Press 'Play' on each file to repeat process (create a recording for *.html files and a recording for *.txt files).

image.png.d4a2526c47b6633b5330e1a978f0e393.png