send email in order if..

ilario

This function will return true if the product exists in one of the provided categories

Product::idIsOnCategoryId(id_product, array_of_category_id)

So I would suggest you create a new module that implements the 'actionValidateOrder' hook.  When a new order is created, your module will be executed, and you will have a chance to send your email.

In your hookActionValidateOrder function, you would then need to iterate through each product, executing the 'idIsOnCategoryId' I noted above.  If that function returns true for any of your products, then you can execute your email.

Providing you a module or code for this is way outside the scope of a forum topic, so I hope you are just asking for some guidance.

Edited by bellini13 (see edit history)

This function will return true if the product exists in one of the provided categories

Product::idIsOnCategoryId(id_product, array_of_category_id)

So I would suggest you create a new module that implements the 'actionValidateOrder' hook.  When a new order is created, your module will be executed, and you will have a chance to send your email.

In your hookActionValidateOrder function, you would then need to iterate through each product, executing the 'idIsOnCategoryId' I noted above.  If that function returns true for any of your products, then you can execute your email.

Providing you a module or code for this is way outside the scope of a forum topic, so I hope you are just asking for some guidance.

thanks for the reply and for the advice

but you managed to make me work (paid)?

Yes, I am available to hire if you are looking for a paid solution.  I was just trying to give you direction incase you wanted to do this yourself.

Feel free to send me PM or contact me on my website with all your requirements, and I can provide you with an estimate.