How do i delete a user permanently?

I tried deleting a user from the backend, and again tried registering the user, it says the email adress is already in use, once i delete a user all the information should go isnt it? so that user can register with that email address again. How to achieve this?

waiting for your help.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, that's not the way Prestashop works. Deleting the customer actually only disables the customer. I think this is done for accounting reasons, which is why orders can't be deleted. You must use phpMyAdmin to manually modify the ps_customer table. Click the "email" header to sort the customers by email, then look for the email you want to delete.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Try to delete their orders... you can do it adding a line that you can see here

http://todoprestashop.com/permitir-borrado-de-pedidos-individuales

I think this is only for prestashop 1.1 and below. I don't really know spanish all too well. Maybe I just didn't get it ;-). Overall, it would be great to be able to delete orders in the backend.
Whenver I change or update something I need to make some test orders and they are distracting from all the real orders in the order list. Anyone know of a solution for v 1.2.5 or newer?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You know what would be an EXCELLENT idea...if when customer accounts get deleted from the back-end, a modification to the database customer email entry would be given a character or identifier to indicate that they were deleted, but the email address can be changed from '[email protected]' to '[email protected]_delete'. This way, users can re-use the same email, or in case they want to re-open the account, a bit of code to cross-check the database for these 'deleted' entries and re-open with the old history and information?

I'm having difficulty with this issue, mainly because I'm going through testing phase, and my client is trying to register an account with an email address that was previously deleted. However, even AFTER deleting it directly from the mySQL database table, they STILL are not able to use the same email address. Is this a caching problem?..my side, their side?? I can register their email just fine on my side, but for some reason no matter how much cache-clearing I try, they can't register using that same email (??)

Please help ASAP...thanks for the info!