Tab : Shipping (500) A server error occurred while loading the tabs: some tabs could not be loaded.

I am new to Presta Shop so it might be that I have made a very fundemental error when setting up.

When I save a new product or ammend an existing product I get this error message :

Tab : Shipping (500)
A server error occurred while loading the tabs: some tabs could not be loaded.

It doesn't seem to affect functionality but is annoying to have to keep cancelling the error box. I am assuming that the error relates to the set up of my Shipping however I have left this at the default settings at the moment as I have yet to get shipping options from my company.

I am setting this copy of Presta Shop up as a proof of concept idea for my colleagues and therefore it is unlikely to ever be used in this format, however I would rather demonstrate something that I understand and works as it should.

Thank you anyone for your advice.

if you search, I prefer google, then you would find how to determine the underlying error, i.e. 500 is general error, you need to turn on prestashop error reporting to get the exact php error...then you can search on that error.  If you are doing proof of concept, make sure you get better understanding of being a webmaster.  tools man, tools...this is top result on google search 'prestashop 500'

https://www.prestashop.com/blog/en/the-500-internal-server-error-explained-solved/

• 7 months later...

I got the error too and did some searching:

- the error is generated by the function setRootCategory() in the file HelperTreeCategories.php.

- this function is called by the function initFormAssociations() in the file AdminProductsController.php

- this gets its value from getRootCategory() in the file classes\Category.php;

- In that function there were the following relevant statements (simplified): $shop = $context->shop; $category = $shop->getCategory()

In my case it turned out that in the table ps_shop the shop had a non-existing root category.

Debugging this is rather funny. When you put a die() statement in one of those functions the product page will still load completely. Only when you select the "Assocations" tab will you see the results of your die() statement.

Thank you musicmaster! OK, so, you are saying that this is the solution for solving this error. Could you tell me please, how do I make these changes step by step (and where to go to make these changes)? Thank you again. I was thinking to reinstall everything from scratch...

Edited by Alexandra-Ionela (see edit history)

I offered only one solution and that requires changes to  the database with Phpmyadmin. If you are not familiar with that program, you don't want to invest time to learn it and you don't know anybody in your neighborhood who could guide you in it than I believe that reinstalling may be your best option.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...