Email templates simple question

1 - I was trying to modify the email notifications when i came across the shipping.html and i was curious what the {followup} at the bottom was??

2 - Also if anyone knows what are some of the codes in the email are it would help me so much, such as: {total_paid}, {delivery_firstname}, {payment},..etc.

and the 3rd and last question is there such thing as {tax}. I'm trying to separate the tax amount from the total amount.

For your first question followup related to smarty variable assigned by shipping_number
& carrier url so people can track there order
$smarty->assign('followup', str_replace('@', $order->shipping_number, $carrier->url));

All assigned smarty template variables have curly brackets & to find out what they relate to just look them up on the relevant php page

ie.
order-detail.tpl in your themes directory relates to order-detail.php in your root

For your tax question is this separate anywhere else in prestshop without going through all the smarty templates I can't answer that one
but unless {tax} is defined in the php this will not work!

hope that helps ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

how home when i costumized my emails with the already exsisting variables with curly brackets, it did not show on the email?

such as {date} and {payment}, {order_name}

althought the {total_amount} showed correctly

amwdesign i think that the tax is defined in the php because if u take a look at any orders invoice (.pdf) u can see at the bottom the variables such as: Tax %, Pre-tax Total, Total Tax, and Total with Tax. So im guessing that the tax is defiantly defined in the php somewhere.