"Call us" / "Contact us"

We have some products that we simply would not sell through an online store due to the amount of accessories and configurations that must be done before you have a price.

But we would like to advertise these products through the shop with instead of a price something like "Call Us" or "Contact Us".

Before i go modifying the template to say if product_value = 0 say "Call us" (pseudo code :P), is there an easy way to do this?

Many thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I dont think there is an easy way in the backend to do that.
Its a nice feature.. Call us, but annoying for your customers.

If i would buy a website i will never go and call...
Instead you should try to simplify your products... If Apple can do it, so can you.

We have a completely different site set up for these kind of products, with an online "Request a Quote" option. But not through PrestaShop. It's just a basic ASP/Access site - set up based on comersus. But comersus wasn't as feature rich as we needed for an ordering site, plus it wasn't open source.

But our site was highly customized, not even out of the box for comersus. Not even close.

You can look here if you'd like, but I'd say you're going to have to do a lot of customizing or change your "out of stock" code to "Call Us" and then add the items with zero stock. There are lots of posts explaining how to change the "out of stock" code.

And here's a post that discusses it, not sure if this would work or not http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/30213/help_configuration___use/solved_show_prices_for_some_products_only_and_display_please_call_for_quote_for_other_items

I am trying to do something very similar, but instead of displaying a call us, I want to display: "Sold Out" if the product quantity is 0...

See this thread where I am asking for something similar: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/43138/

Now, if you exclusively use product combinations to display your quantities, then I might have a fix for you. If some of your product quantities were entered in the "1. Info" tab in the Back Office, this will not work.

This may work for you, just edit the product.tpl file in your theme folder to display this line, wherever you want the "Contact Us" to display:

{if !$id_attribute }

{l s='SOLD OUT!'}

{/if}

This will only work correctly if the items have at least one attribute (combination). What it does is ask if there is an attribute, if not, then display SOLD OUT!. You can just change 'SOLD OUT!' to display: 'Contact Us' or whatever...

I thought adding the following code would be a solution we could both use, but it doesn't work for some reason:

{if $product->quantity == 0} 

{l s='SOLD OUT!'}
{/if}

Tomer, or anyone, do you know why this does not work on the product.tpl page? If i use that code, it will still display items that have quantity available if entered in the "1. Info" tab in the back office...

What is the variable that displays the overall quantity of the products if it is not: $product->quantity???