Prestashop not sending customer details to paypal

dapete9799

Hi,

I have prestashop 1.6.0.9 and paypal advanced USA, Canada & Mexico 1.3.8 installed. I tried to purchase an item from the store and everything worked smoothly except:

1) When the payment appears in my paypal merchant account, the customer name/email is showing up as "not provided".

2) When I try to make a refund from the prestashop back office, I get an error message "An error occured during this refund - Invalid amount"

3) When I try to refund through the paypal account, the customer is not getting a confirmation email regarding the refund.

I have tried to delete/reinstall the module but it didn't help.

PayPal is telling me this is a prestashop issue where the customer information is not being sent to paypal.

Please help! 

Thanks.

PayPal is having technical problems today.  Just got off the phone and they indicated orders are being processed but not showing iin the Merchant's transaction history.  This came to our attention because our clients called to say they made a purchase but it was not showing in their history.  We are converting carts to orders as we monitor this.

PayPal says they are actively working on this problem.  Hope this helps.

Kevin

PayPal is having technical problems today.  Just got off the phone and they indicated orders are being processed but not showing iin the Merchant's transaction history.  This came to our attention because our clients called to say they made a purchase but it was not showing in their history.  We are converting carts to orders as we monitor this.

PayPal says they are actively working on this problem.  Hope this helps.

Kevin

Thanks for the reply. However, the issue didn't start yesterday. When I called paypal they told me that the issue is caused because prestashop is not sending customer information to them. Apparently it's a common issue but prestashop doesn't seem to address it. There must be another fix for it.

Appreciate the help!

I was having the same trouble. Steps I took to fix my problem on prestashop 1.6.x.x was to first disable ALL paypal modules, then one at a time uninstall/delete them. I then reinstalled the PayPal USA, Canada v1.3.8 - by PrestaShop module to start over.

I then selected enable express checkout only button, entered my api information with business account as my paypal email address.

Everything is now working fine. Hope this helps someone. 

I was having the same trouble. Steps I took to fix my problem on prestashop 1.6.x.x was to first disable ALL paypal modules, then one at a time uninstall/delete them. I then reinstalled the PayPal USA, Canada v1.3.8 - by PrestaShop module to start over.

I then selected enable express checkout only button, entered my api information with business account as my paypal email address.

Everything is now working fine. Hope this helps someone.

Thanks for the detailed instructions. I'll definitely give it a try.

Did you only use express checkout? Also, how many different PayPal modules did you have? I only have 1 and its PayPal Usa, Canada & Mexico 1.3.8.

Thanks!

I had probably a few deprecated modules that should have been deleted a while ago. Express checkout used to never work for me, but with that exact configuration I described above with the  PayPal Usa, Canada & Mexico 1.3.8 module I was able to get paypal working again. Only the express configuration appears to be working.

Unfortunately until the errors in these modules are resolved you kinda just have to roll with the express checkout setting for the mean time. 

Follow up:

I switched the Paypal module to its 'paypal standard' selection instead of express checkout. Still appears to be functioning normally, even when clearing cache, etc... 

Im now under the assumption that uninstalling and reinstalling the module and readding the paypal API credentials from scratch has somehow fixed the issue. I've been looking in the php code in the module, and of course am assuming this may have to do with the SSL changes paypal recently made. Looking around the curl settings and updating a few lines of code I was unable to see any change in the module. 

Please let me know if any of you are still experiencing any issues. I'll try to replicate them here on my end. 

If you have found a setting that is working and you are able to checkout with paypal, I advice not messing with the module until another update is released lol :-p

Just wanted to give you guys an update.....

I tried to find the solution to my problem through the forums, forge, contacting the developer and by contacting prestashop directly.

The developer never replied....

Prestashop told me to purchase a $400 technical support plan so they can assist me....

As you might have noticed in other threads, people are noting that they don't even check the forums and I found that to be true!

At last, I decided to purchase the presto-changed module last night. Without exaggerating, it took me less than 5 minutes to download, install and configure their module. My transaction went through as it was supposed to.

I checked my paypal account and the customer information is there. 

The order is showing in my admin panel.

Finally, if you're experiencing this issue, just save the time and purchase this module. You've probably already spent over $100 worth of your time on solving the issue. I have....

Hope this helps!

Hi all,

I'm using the paypalusa module, which comes by default with Standard Payments selected, and I'm too having problems with it. It appears that the solution is to switch to Express Checkout, but my problem is that there's no way to save that. So I go and click on the button that says "Enable Paypal Express checkout only", which unselects everything and selects Express checkout. But there's no "save" button, so if I leave the module config page and come back, Standard Payments is selected again by itself...

There's a "save" button in the box below,where you enter your API credentials, but even clcking that one doesn't save what's been changed in the box above (where you select the kind of Paypal you want to use).

Any ideas on how to do this? THanks so much in advance

• 5 months later...

I'm having this exact problem on PS 1.5.6.1 with PayPal 1.3.8

The more I work with Prestashop and PayPal the less likely I'm inclined to suggest Prestashop to any clients or developer. 

My specific issue:

1. User places order

2. User enters CC info and expiration date on page (provided by the PayPal Module iFrame).
3. User is directed to the order-confrmation page.

- PayPal charges their card with the appropriate price.

- PayPal never records the name of the user.

- The order is updated in Prestashop

- The user is notified that they have been charged

I'm pulling my hair out even trying to find the lines of code that I could change to fix this manually but the spaghetti mess that is Prestashop seems to be gate keeping me from getting anything useful done outside of educated guessing.