Error lastname and firstname required

Hi all,

after upgrading from PS 1.5.6.1 to PS 1.6.11., the quest registration is not working properly. After filling all the required fields PS displays following error:

1. firstname is requiered.
2. lastname is required.

although both first name and last name are filled in. The problem is only with guest registration. The standard registration form works fine. The Error reporting in PS also shows no error.

I would appreciate any feedback

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I also have this issue.

I have changed back to the default template and the issue persists.

I have upgraded from 1.6.0.9 to 1.6.0.11 and it still persists.

I have been getting complaints from customers that don't want to create an account and won't order until this works!

Need to get this resolved ASAP.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have found what has caused this issue. In my case it was override. I was overriding these two files:  AddressController.php and AuthController.php. The override was working fine in PS 1.5 but in it caused this trouble PS 1.6.

Hope that helps.

Hi all,

I have found what has caused this issue. In my case it was override. I was overriding these two files:  AddressController.php and AuthController.php. The override was working fine in PS 1.5 but in it caused this trouble PS 1.6.

Hope that helps.

Hi Fusac,

Can you please point me to the location of these two overrides?

I cannot find any of these overrides in my /override/.. folder.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

I had the same issue and was able to resolve it:

It was due to an override to the override of the AuthController.php. In the AuthController.php override file, you just need to comment or delete the lines 40 and 42, which are not grabbing the correct last_name and first_name value from the form :

// $_POST['lastname'] = Tools::getValue('customer_lastname');
// $_POST['firstname'] = Tools::getValue('customer_firstname');