[solved] Prestadev.pl PayPal with fee SSL (fix inside)

lucifer_1

I bought June 2014 the Paypal Extra Fee. For 50 euros! On the offical Prestashop site.

Now, only 6 month's later the module is not working anymore! People can't pay with the module. There is an error.
There is no update available in Prestashop appstore.

I send an e-mail to the owner (prestadev.pl) and i get a response: i must pay AGAIN 15 euros to get an upgrade!
When i do'nt pay this, i can throw away the module.

The problem is a new TLS protocol.
PRESTADEV.pl says: For the time to make the change in the module, they want to get paid.
And know what??
You need to do only 2 little changes!!

I am happy that i can find the changes on the internet FOR FREE:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/380185-paypal-modification-ssl-v3-to-tls/

EDIT:
/modules/pd_paypal/api/paypal_connect.php

LOOK FOR:

@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, 3);

CHANGE IT TO:

@curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, defined(CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1) ? CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1 : 1);

AND

cap3.png

And the module works fine again!!

For these very little changes PRESTADEV.PL want to have 15 euros!!

post-903799-0-48994000-1422356937_thumb.png

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I think it is not normal to ask 15 euros for a little change of two lines.

And PRESTADEV.pl don't find the changes by themself.

On this link: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/380185-paypal-modification-ssl-v3-to-tls/

You can see that PRESTADEV.pl likes the second post.

PRESTADEV.pl didn't make the change alone, he copy from the internet. And he is asking 15 euros for that.

So you can find the changes on the whole internet.

Even on this community!

Now he takes 50 euros for one module. All fine, he make a good module. (no thats wrong, he changes a good official module).

But it would be SERVICE to make 2 little changes for free.

The change is the same change as in the official FREE paypal module.

This is the change in the offical module: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/380185-paypal-modification-ssl-v3-to-tls/

It's not service to ask 15 euros for a little change that costs 1 minute in time!

Edited by lucifer_1 (see edit history)

• 2 years later...

Careful with this module. It has one bug that Patryk is not able to fix. When you are using more payment options than it may happen that the fee is added to wrong payment method when the customer changes his mind and hit back during the checkout. Patryk was promising a fix, but never actually fixed it. He has tons of excuses and super long delays in communication. At the beginning, he promised to fix the module, after half a year he told me that he is going to refund me as he was not able to fix it and after another half a year of constant reminders he told me that there is no fix nor any refund so I strongly encourage anybody to buy a different module where the developer is competent and fair and not like this one. Dealing with Patryk Marek is just a huge pain without any outcome.

• 3 years later...
En 10/24/2017 a las 7:14 AM, hubik.tomas dijo:

Careful with this module. It has one bug that Patryk is not able to fix. When you are using more payment options than it may happen that the fee is added to wrong payment method when the customer changes his mind and hit back during the checkout. Patryk was promising a fix, but never actually fixed it. He has tons of excuses and super long delays in communication. At the beginning, he promised to fix the module, after half a year he told me that he is going to refund me as he was not able to fix it and after another half a year of constant reminders he told me that there is no fix nor any refund so I strongly encourage anybody to buy a different module where the developer is competent and fair and not like this one. Dealing with Patryk Marek is just a huge pain without any outcome.

I have bien searching the web and i see i'm not the only one that have trouble with prestadev.pl.

In the same module, they finally just said to me to take refund since 27 july because he "won't waste his time fixin my site issues", but the oficial paypal module works perfect.

And of course he didn't refund, so i have a module that doesn't works and no money...... PRESTADEV.PL IS FRAUD, THEY SCAM PEOPLE.