Invoices over 1 page will not print - Adobe Acrobat Error when printing.

Hello -

I am currently running PrestaShop v1.5.6.2.  I am encountering an error whenever I have an Invoice that is greater than 1 page.  When I try to print the Invoice, I receive the following error:

"An error exists on this page.  Acrobat may not display the page correctly.  Please contact the person that created the PDF document to correct the problem."

When the invoice does print, it will print page 1 perfectly, than on page 2, I only get the header, followed by 1 line of print, and then the footer gets printed on top of the header.  It makes it very difficult to send the Invoice to the customer.

I am using Adobe Reader v11.0.10   This error has been happening for the last year and I cannot find a resolution to the problem.  I have even tried to save the Invoice to my computer, and then open it in Adobe Reader to print, and I get the same error.  I have also tried using different version of Adobe Reader, all producing the same error message. 

If anyone has a solution, or can help me find a solution, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for taking time to read my questions.

Sincerely,

Stephen Stauffacher

Hello Tuk66 -

The PDF File is one that is generated by Prestashop v1.5.6.2  This is nothing new that I am creating.  I'm only using what is provided by Prestashop v1.5.6.2  I have no control over how the code was produced.  I'm thinking there may be a problem with Prestashop v1.5.6.2 in the way it handles Invoices over 1 page in length, and how it converts using Adobe.

Hello Tuk66 -

I will see if I can post a copy of the PDF to this posting.  I need to create one using an "In House Account" as I do not want my "customer" information to be distributed without their knowledge.  It will take me a little bit to put together an In House order that will produce the 2 page invoice.  Once I do that, then I can post the PDF File as an attachment.  I also did further testing and this error occurs on multiple different computers, both with saving the PDF then printing, and printing directly from the website.  So I know it is not isolated to a particular computer and not isolated to a particular version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.

I really appreciate your assistance and response to this question.  Thank you very much !!

@Josele

The formatting is one thing, not good.

But the "An error exists on this page...." is strange. I think the invoice is complete, uncut and it is a valid PDF format. Well, almost.

I tried to print it via PDF Creator and the only difference is the logo (black & white). Can you check the invoice logo is correct? I mean not PNG format with JPG extension, or something. Can you use other logo - a valid JPG image?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...