Prestashop 1.6 Theme Conversion

Hi to All,

I am new prestashop programmer.I want to change the theme of my prestashop with my custom theme.I dont know how to do this.Kindly help me if somebody know how to do this.I have searched alot on google but had no luck.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

regards;

Hi rdx,

Do you mean you want to modify it yourself, or just install a custom (paid or free) theme?

To install a ready made theme, see the documentation of Prestashop:

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Modules+and+Themes+Catalog#ModulesandThemesCatalog-Installingatheme

If you want to modify the theme yourself, the Prestashop designer guide may give you some initial idea:

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Designer+Guide

If you get stuck somewhere in the process, just ask specific questions in the right sub forum and we will try to help out.

My 2 cents,

pascal.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I want to modify my theme to get fit in the prestashop.Just as we change themes for wordpress or other cms system.Want to use the functionality of prestashop with my own theme.I have gone through the prestashop documentation and searched the google but had no luck.If you have changed prestashop theme then kindly send my step by step process how to do this.

I have just the css,html and javascript files.

regards;

Hi, not 10% sure I understand your request, but if you want to just modify your theme, maybe this is a good start:

Preferences->Theme. Then press the Theme configurator button or the advanced settings button.

post-455771-0-39309400-1422134653_thumb.png

Hope this is what you were looking for. If not, please elaborate a little more.

Thanks,

pascal

Hi,

I have my own design template.I dont want the design that is offered by prestashop(Default theme).My design have its own css,javascript,html.How can I incorporate my design into prestashop.I am a fresh prestashop programmer thats why I want a step by step procedure.How to change the default files and folder in order to implement my theme.

Hi,

If you are a newbie on prestashop it will be very difficult to adapt your theme for prestashop. Because prestashop use a template engine called Smarty.

It don't use direct html file.

So it is necessary to know smarty and it is a very long and hard job.

The best way is to buy a theme similar to yours.

• 11 months later...