Warning to others (addon developer problem)

sjmleeds

We're an online store based in the UK, recently having migrated to Prestashop.

We wanted to achieve search engine friendly URL's and therefore purchased the following module:

Advanced URL: http://addons.prestashop.com/en/seo-prestashop-modules/16928-advanced-url.html

We had MANY problems with the module not working, for example:

1. When someone selected a filter option, the website would send them back to the homepage.

2. When someone tried to select page 2, 3, 4 on a category page, the website would send them back to the homepage.

3. CMS pages did not work

4. Manufacturer pages did not work

We contacted the module developer who basically told us all these problems were down to the theme. Having checked with the theme developers and placed this module on a fresh install, it certainly was a problem with the module and not the theme.

I contacted the developer to ask for his help in rectifying these problems having discovered the problem was worse than we realised, in that customers could not even checkout and buy on our site. We lost almost 2 days of revenue because when someone clicked "checkout" it once again sent them back to the homepage, therefore no-one could buy.

I sent FTP details etc, to the developer, to fix the issues, once again he stated the problem wasnt his and refused to help. He then took the step which led me to this post.

He decided to alter our defines.inc.php file, and delete other important files rendering our website offline. Luckily, i had a backup that i could restore within 30 minutes, however he tried to bring our website down by deleting files, all because i insisted that he help us with problems caused by his module that we have bought in good faith.

I do not want anyone else suffering the same consequences, therefore, you have been warned.

• Like 2

Hello sjmleeds,

I'm very sorry to discover the bad experience you had with this developer! That is certainly not how support should get provided to customers after they purchased a theme or a module on Addons.

Could you please post me your order number? I want to check everything and contact the developer to know more about that. 

Thanks!

• 5 years later...

The addon.prestashop store is total Rip off!! Do not buy from that site.  Paid for a module that the developer did not get fully working in 3 months!!  then they wanted me to buy more support.  When I contacted add.prestasop  they put me  on to billing, which I font think exist.  You cannot talk to them, email them directly.  They do not respond to issues at all.

They have no buyer protection at all.  Dont get taken and waste your money!!...