[SOLVED] Search module doesn't work

Hi to all, i'm new here.

I've a website with Prestashop 1.4.5.1 and i can't update in this year.

It works fine, but the search module doesn't work, and everything search result is "none".

I looked for the index and all products seems to be indexed.

So, why the search is always without result? 

Could you suggest something? Or some alternative search block for that version of prestashop?

Thankyou for your help.

I have the same problem. Search used to be working, but somehow fails since perhaps I updated the PHP version in my server or since I uploaded a few new products. I am not sure which. 

Our version is also 1.4.5.1

In this forum there is an entry for the same issue but for version 1.4.7 in < here >. It does not work for 1.4.5 coz the file structure is different.

I have been looking everywhere for a solution in vain. Someone please help!!!!!

@fpiombo, the link I posted above does work for 1.4.5 as well. I was looking at the wrong search.php file. The one you should look for is under the classes directory, not the one in the root directory. Another user "saag1" did posted that reminder but I have somehow overlooked it. Now the search module is working for our site again. Hope it help you too.

• Like 1

@fpiombo, the link I posted above does work for 1.4.5 as well. I was looking at the wrong search.php file. The one you should look for is under the classes directory, not the one in the root directory. Another user "saag1" did posted that reminder but I have somehow overlooked it. Now the search module is working for our site again. Hope it help you too.

Hi @Cha Wang , 

thankyou so much for your answer!

It worked for me too! ;)

So fast and so usefull, thankyou again :)