paypal makes double payments

termiet

prestashop 1.6.0.11

paypal module: PayPal v3.8.1 - by PrestaShop

Whenever I open an order page after a client has placed an order the amount paid is doubled and a warning appears to that effect. I have to add a negative amount to make things add up again.

Seems to me that this is a problem caused by the upgrade of ps, the module worked as supposed before the upgrade.

I already posted a bug report at the forge but there was no action.

Is the customer double charged in Paypal?  Or are you saying the customer is charged the correct amount of money?

The customer is charged only once in Paypal.  The double payment occurs in Prestashop, it shows as twice paid.

Was entered as a Prestashop bug in the forge, but one of the 'enlightened' ones choose to make it a Paypal bug.

See http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM-3183

They assigned the issue to the support person for the Paypal Europe module, because they suspect the issue is with the Paypal module.  I'm not sure why you are complaining about that, at least they did not close the issue like they normally do.

I would suggest that you install bankwire or check module, and create a new order using those payment methods, just to see if the issue also occurs with those payment methods. 

If the issue also occurs, then you have proven the issue is not with the Paypal module

If the issue does not occur with bankwire/check, then you have proven it is with the Paypal module.

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem.I have received numerous complaints from my clients that they are charged twice and thrice.I have attached a screen shot for that.Kindly have a look to it and suggest how to solve this issue.

Payments and Gateways
PayPal v3.8.2 - by PrestaShop -  Official

Accepts payments by credit cards (CB, Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Aurore, Cofinoga, 4 stars) with PayPal.

post-912852-0-01167600-1427438715_thumb.png

Edited by rxdUser (see edit history)