Improve performance, add products to cart is so slow

My Prestashop www.rikxoort.com is since a couple of weeks very slow. Well actually, adding products to the cart or changing the number of items takes sometimes a few seconds which is unacceptable for me.

Because I was still running 1.5 I decided to upgrade to 1.6 but the performance is still very poor. I really don't know when it became slow, I mainly add many new products.

My Performance settings:

• Never recompile template files: enabled
  • Cache: enabled (emptied the cache directory already)
  • Disable non PrestaShop modules: YES
  • Disable all overrides: Yes
  • Combinations: YES
  • Features: NO
  • Customer Groups: YES
  • CCC: YES (except Move JavaScript to the end)
  • CACHING: no (I tried file system but this make it even worse, can't use the other ones

There are 269 products, in 9 categories. My database size is 20 MB.

Some server details:

• Server information: Linux #1 SMP Mon Feb 3 06:07:54 EST 2014 x86_64
  • Server software version: Apache
  • PHP version: 5.5.16
  • Memory limit: 96M
  • Max execution time: 30

How can I troubleshoot this performance issue? Loading pages is doing good in my opinion, it is just add products to the cart what performances bad. I also checked our hosting provider but they say the server isn't busy at all.

post-426438-0-34121200-1420534898_thumb.jpg

Edited by zeezuiper (see edit history)

Yes I have 178, surprisingly. 

I bought this POS module last month. I checked and it turns to be it creates cart rules. Could this be the culprit?

Update: I deleted the cart rules. Now it runs much faster indeed! Thank you very much.

Well, the profiling is showing more than 2700 CartRule object instances are created, I think it's a lot (it may be optimized in prestashop) but it' possibly the reason why the cart is slow.

After your update: great! You should ask the developer how to get rid of this.