Why does this few words not translate like others? - Please help

beginning

Hi,,,

I have search and search + try to follow many advise with no luck at all!

Few words like Cart besite log in on top of my website + Cart besite View in featured product box does not tranlate.

I did go 100 times and translate in B/O and it is ok there.. I did look on lang file under moduleand all seems to be ok...

What is my next step ? Where and what can I look for ?

Please help !!

Ps. I forgot to tell you that I have new template black and white( free ) and this does only happen when I use that.

I´m a newbie :))

” 
<!-- MODULE Block new products -->

{l s='New products' mod='blocknewproducts'}

{if $new_products|@count > 0}

getImageLink($new_products.0.link_rewrite, $new_products.0.id_image, 'medium')}" alt="{$new_products.0.legend|escape:htmlall:'UTF-8'}" />
           {if $new_products|@count > 1}getImageLink($new_products.1.link_rewrite, $new_products.1.id_image, 'medium')}" height="{$mediumSize.height}" width="{$mediumSize.width}" alt="{$new_products.1.legend|escape:htmlall:'UTF-8'}" />{/if}

{$newproduct.name|strip_tags|escape:htmlall:'UTF-8'}{t text=$newproduct.description_short length='50' strip='true' encode='true'} >" src="{$img_dir}bullet.gif"/>

{l s='All new products' mod='blocknewproducts'}
   {else}

{l s='No new product at this time' mod='blocknewproducts'}
   {/if}

<!-- /MODULE Block new products --> “

Hi,
Im almoust sure that proplem is in this file """Home Featured Products tpl"""

I did open and edit this line her:
{l s='Add to cart' mod='homefeatured'}

change to:
{l s='cart' mod='homefeatured'}

What happen is that the Cart finally translatebut the box ""Home Featured Products "" did all mix up..

Here is the code so if you see some that need to be fix please reply ... THANKS

” 
<!-- MODULE Home Featured Products -->

{l s='featured products' mod='homefeatured'}
{if isset($products) AND $products}

{assign var='liHeight' value=360}
    {assign var='nbItemsPerLine' value=4}
    {assign var='nbLi' value=$products|@count}
    {assign var='nbLines' value=$nbLi/$nbItemsPerLine|ceil}
    {assign var='ulHeight' value=$nbLines*$liHeight}

{foreach from=$products item=product name=homeFeaturedProducts}
       {assign var='productLink' value=$link->getProductLink($product.id_product, $product.link_rewrite, $product.category)}

{$product.name|escape:htmlall:'UTF-8'|truncate:30}

{$product.description_short|strip_tags|truncate:100:'...'}

{displayWtPrice p=$product.price}
{l s='View' mod='homefeatured'}
{l s='Cart' mod='homefeatured'}
{if ($product.quantity > 0 OR $product.allow_oosp) AND $product.customizable != 2}

{else}
{l s='Add to cart' mod='homefeatured'}
           {/if}

{/foreach}

{else}

{l s='No featured products' mod='homefeatured'}
{/if}

<!-- /MODULE Home Featured Products -->“

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I think your problem is similar to mine: When changing the "Add to cart" text translation in HomeFeatured Module it only changed the button from the home page, but when you browse the products, it changes the text again...

So the solution took some time but it's the good one:
The text translation that must be changed is in "themes/prestashop/lang" or whatever theme you're using "themes/yourtheme/lang" and edit your_language.php (eg. es.php), in line 382 (or whatever, just search for the text you want to change).
That way you change the "Add to cart" text in all the pages (but home, apparently).

Hopefully it will do the trick (or at least to me if i forget this info)! :D
Cheers from Mexico! Tschüss!

• 3 months later...

Hi,

This is the problem from your theme, not your site, If your translation is ok on default theme, but not ok with Black&white;then do the following step:-

1. The main problem is not get translate update on iso.php (e.g. en.php, fr.php, etc) in the theme folder modules, So go to Prestashop/themes/black&white;/modules I mean you need to go your modules folder in theme, not root module folder.

2. backup the total modules folder under the theme for if any problem will come then you can replace it.

3. now in modules folder you may find some module folder as same name on your root modules folder, May be only for this module your translation is not work. From modules folder in theme(NOT ROOT MODULES FOLDER) open each module folder e.g. "homefeatured" here you will find your language php file like your iso_code.php e.g. en.php(english), fr.php(freanch). Find your language PHP file and delete it from each module folder.

4.Please note you are deleting from theme folder Not Root module folder.

5. Now Refresh your browser, and it will now translate on your theme Black&white;also.

6. It it works then make this post [sOLVED]

Thanks,
Arafat Jahan

• Like 2