Would love to have feedback on my first online store...newbie

Deluxeejuice

My site http://deluxeejuice.com has been a work in progress for the past 40 days or so, and is now opened and doing pretty well actually. Lots of on-site reviews.

My problem is that I never get feedback on my site as a whole, just on my products.

I would love to hear any constructive criticism or suggestions you may have.

I am brand new to this and any input is appreciated.

Can you explain to me what exactly an ejuice is?  Most people think of e-anything as being Internet online related.   I'm sorry, but maybe its just me, but ejuice sounds really weird to me.  I realize you say "e-liquid and e-juice" on your site, but what exactly does that mean?  Please, enlighten me.

• Like 1

Yeah, sure. E-juice or E-liquid is the fluid you add to an electronic cigarette. It commonly has three major components: An agent to produce the vapor, Nicotine for obvious reasons and flavorings to add flavor. All of the components except the nicotine would be considered safe for use in food products.
There are two types of agents that can be used to create vapor.

• PG - Propylene Glycol is the most common.
  • VG - Vegetable Glycerin is used, usually, by people with allergies or sensitivity to PG.
e-liquid-30ml-2.jpg

Thanks for taking a look at my site, but like I said in the o.p. - I am not looking for reviews on my products (or what's in them), I am more or less looking for anything in general that can help with structure or SEO. First website and I am really green to this whole experience. For my customers who might have the same question you have, i have a blog on the same site to explain everything to them. Thanks again CutiePengu.

• Like 1

Hello

Well, I happy to hear that your site is successful, as for constructive criticism their are perhaps a few things I would change.

1. Your top navigation looks too empty, it would, perhaps, look better if the text was centred

2. Their is little to no information on your "Information" pages. 

3. I would have both delivery methods (unsigned and signed for) visible on the shipping section of the checkout rather than ask a customer to email for prices.

4 I do not see a lot of social media on your site apart from Facebook, it can do you a lot of good to have links on reddit,linkedin,twitter, tumblr, pintrest, askfm etc etc.

5. Not sure I like your email address, it is not relevant to deluxeejuice.com

6. I can't see many calls to action on your pages.

7. Considering how few products you sell their are too many "New Products" in your left sidebar.

8. On every page you have the same text wrapped in H1 Tags, not sure if that's a good idea

Anyway, best of luck

Paul

• Like 3

Hi 

It looks nice, good use of default theme. Most of images are great choice.

And while I was thinking what to write Paulito give some points that I would said also.

Top menu is empty, you have blog, great, add link to it there. 

Social just Facebook, both in footer and on product page ? You are missing potential customers.

Email in footer, agreed with Paulito again.

That " Deluxe ejuice premium..." looks good on homepage but not needed on other pages. Especially on

product page where beside it takes a lot of room and on lower resolution you would even miss image when page

load, it also as H1 conflict with real H1 - product name. Product name that is optimized for SEO.

• Like 2

Even though my site is a new site as well, I do agree with  Paulito & Razaro.  This is one reason why I asked what exactly e-juice was.  I looked for something to tell me, but there was nothing.  Had you had a link to your blog explaining this, I wouldn't have asked you what it was.

I also agree with the other 2 on the rest of their comments.  Especially the e-mail.  Though I only have CutiePengu in my email address on my shop, it is because it is an extremely long name, and I didn't have any other way of shortening it, because had I just used CPBJC in front of the email, people would have thought it were going to who-knows-where.  At least by me putting the first "major" word in my site as part of the e-mail, at least they know that I will be the one getting it.

But the rest, as I stated above, I agree with the gentlemen.  

• Like 1

Thank for all your feedback. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I knew it needed work still, just unsure where. I do have a link to my blog in the footer, but apparently I need to make it more visible. 

I will most definitely work on ALL the issues you guys brought up and then I will re-submit it to you guys again until I get it right :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to help analyze my site, it is much appreciated!

I know how to make all the great suggestions mentioned  above work, except one.

I know it is a really easy fix, but being a newbie, am having a hard time. I did search for the solution before coming back here to ask, as I really hate asking for help for something so easy.

My problem deals with the h1 tags. I have only added the one h1 tag on my header.tpl

My question is - how exactly - step by step - how do I stop that h1 tag from appearing on all my pages?

The h1 tag I am referring to is " Deluxe ejuice premium e-liquid is your place for all your e-liquid and e-juice needs. With over 50 ejuice flavors and adding more eliquid flavors every day."

It is showing in all my pages as you guys have mentioned, but do not know how to only keep it on main page and not the others.

I really do HONESTLY appreciate your help, thanks so much.

Hello

Well, the first thing I would do is remove the H1 tag from the header.tpl, you will not then have too many H1 tags throughout your site.

Prestashop has already done the tag work for you by automatically using this tag in your product titles, the same goes for H2, H3 etc.

If you must add another H1 tag to you Home/Index page then the easiest thing to do is use the default Home Editorial Module.

Hope this helps a little

Paul

• Like 1

Thanks so much for your help and suggestions Paulito. The only reason I added that H1 tag to the header.tpl is because according to Bing, I was missing it and they said it was urgent that I add one.

I am using Pestashop 1.6 and do not see the module 'home editorial module', but for starters I will remove the h1 from my header.tpl

Thanks again.

Edited by Deluxeejuice (see edit history)

Hello

How about using a really good Free Module from here:

http://mypresta.eu/modules/front-office-features/european-union-cookie-law.html

Download it, add a few words

http://screencast.com/t/JKwbiaux

Source code

http://screencast.com/t/vpvciQaKBTgM

Result

http://screencast.com/t/sMF4pzRP

You can of course change all the colours etc, even have it scrolling

Hope this helps 

EDIT: Forget this idea, it's basically the same as you had before. I think I need a liquid lunch !!!

Paul

Edited by Paulito (see edit history)
  • Like 1