Default Shipping - No Carriers Available. - Prestashop 1.6

Hello and first I'd like to thank the forum as I was able to resolve several issues setting up my client's shopping cart.

For the past couple days I've tried to get my carriers to work (the default prestashop carrier modules).  I have entered all my products (warehouse is NOT active) and now when I do a test run, no matter if guest or logged in user, I am unable to see any carriers available.

I am only shipping in the U.S.

Here is what I've done:

1.  Checked Localization > Countries (United States)

2.  Checked Localization > Zones (North America)

Shipping > Carrier

-Set Status to Enabled on all applied carriers

I've set the following in side Carrier > Edit:

-Shipping locations and cost

-Add Handling cost:  Yes

-Free Shipping:  No

-Billing:  According to total price

-Tax:  No Tax

-Out-of-range behavior:  Apply the cost of the highest

-North America Zone checked with a value entered

When I try and add a product, it shows "No Carrier Available"

Can someone assist?

I've tried it selecting all zones and enabled all countries including checking all phone prefix for country--still did not work.  However, I went ahead and turned on the Stock Warehouse and set the Warehouse with carriers which got it to work.

Though I'm really curious as to why the carriers wont be available when you set the quantity stock to manual.  Or perhaps I am missing something? 

Edited by digitalimage (see edit history)

Hi,

In the product configuration section, it states that if a carrier is not selected for shipping, that all carriers will be available to the customer for shipping. However, when I do not specify a carrier for a product, checkout cannot progress to the payment page (i.e. past the shipping page) - i.e no carriers available 

Have I missed out on something? Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Elnaz