paypal module error

kmwa99

Hello,

I was declined paypal pro, don't know why, no explanation.

So tried the standard paypal module, used it and successfully ordered and paid for an item using the paypal account option.

Then tried the pay using credit card and received the following error

Error occurred:

Please try to contact the merchant:

<b>PayPal response:</b>
    TIMESTAMP -> 2014-12-03T09:44:02Z
    L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10445
    L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> This transaction cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later.
    L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> This transaction cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later.
    L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Any idea anyone ?

Kev

A google search for "paypal 10445" turned up a number of results

First you should check the Paypal guides anytime you receive an error number, the guide will usually tell you whats wrong, or what to do about it.  For 10445, you should contact Paypal Merchant Technical Support as they suggest

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/errorcodes/

Inform the customer an error occurred and to retry the transaction. Offer the customer a quick link to restart the Express Checkout flow and redirect the customer back to PayPal. If the issue continues, contact Merchant Technical Support at https://www.paypal.com/mts

Further results say that the test amount you are using is too low and could cause this issue.  Also that your merchant account is blocked by Paypal

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18294916/paypal-express-checkout-error-10445this-transaction-cannot-be-processed-at-thi

In this Tutorial the same error happens but he fixed it

unfortunately I couldn't understand his language?

Any one can explain it please!!

I had reply from Paypal.....

Hi

Thank you for contacting PayPal Merchant Technical Support. I reviewed your recent payment attempts and the declines (10445 errors) appear to be valid. The declines are a result of your current business category listed in PayPal. Certain categories, such as Tobacco, Alcohol, or Firearms, are considered high risk and may cause an increase in declines. If the current category does not appropriately reflect your business, follow the steps below to select a new category.

Here’s how to provide information about your business:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.

2. Click Profile near the top of the page.

3. Click Update beside "Business information," then click Edit.

4. Enter the required information.

5. Click Save.

My site did fall into one of those categories and now I have recategorised it and when I tried a transaction last night, it did go through OK.

So check what category your account is listed as

kev