Help ! Forgotten password and reminder doesn't work.

I go to the "Lost Password" reminder link and ask it to send a password to my email address, but nothing comes through to my email address, not even in the spam. I have no idea why. I am using Prestashop 1.6.

Anything else I can do ? Also any ideas why it doesn't arrive ?

Thanks all.

Thanks. I did the customer to admin password hash swap in PHP Admin, worked a charm, cheers :)

Regarding my emails not arriving, it seems to be due to BT who provide my email address. I went in to the PS back admin panel and decided to use the "test email" option, sent an email to my normal BT email address that I used on sign up and nothing arrived yet again. But when I put in a totally different email address the test arrived. Damn BT, why are they stopping emails before they even reach my spam box ? I even pay them for the email, it is not a free service.

Edited by BlizzardUK (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thanks. I did the customer to admin password hash swap in PHP Admin, worked a charm, cheers :)

Regarding my emails not arriving, it seems to be due to BT who provide my email address. I went in to the PS back admin panel and decided to use the "test email" option, sent an email to my normal BT email address that I used on sign up and nothing arrived yet again. But when I put in a totally different email address the test arrived. Damn BT, why are they stopping emails before they even reach my spam box ? I even pay them for the email, it is not a free service.

most mail servers work if your shop admin email address is of the same domain as your shop.  If not then it's very likely they throw in the bit bucket...

• Like 1