Sub Category Images

How can I use an image for a sub category, but NOT have it show up on the actual page?  When I upload an image for a category, the background where my description is turns white and you can barely see the description & category name.  When I leave it without an image, the background is dark grey with light grey type, which is readable.  The other way, is NOT readable and detracts from anyone looking at it.  The other part of this problem is, is that I want the THUMBNAIL to show up (that is uploaded) but it won't.  I have the main category, showing the sub categories, but NO images.  This is very frustrating.

Please help.

Here is what I'm talking about:

1.  When I don't put an image in the category & the thumb both, I get no image.

2.  When I put in an image just in the thumb, I still get nothing.

3.  When I also add the category image along with the thumb, I get the thumb on the main bracelet page for sub category, BUT, I also wind up with my category/description on that page with the image in the box and a white background/grey text.

Please, this is ridiculous.  Why can't I just put the thumbnail image there, and have it show?

post-878416-0-20481200-1417268559_thumb.jpg

post-878416-0-53537900-1417268565_thumb.jpg

post-878416-0-40650000-1417268571_thumb.jpg

Not sure about changing the background but you can change the colour of the text

BO/catalog/categories

Edit whichever category you need then go down to Description

You should see a color picker button...

post-535854-0-40908500-1417544938_thumb.png

Highlight the text you want changing then select your color and choose Text color then click save.

BTW the Back color option is only backcolor for the text as far as i know

Edited by mickeyboy1 (see edit history)
  • Like 1