Removing the /prestashop/ from the URL

Hi

I'm sure there's a simple way to do this, but I can't find it in the Wiki or the forums

How do I get my site from: www.mysite.co.uk/prestashop/ to www.mysite.co.uk?

Do I just rename the folder "prestashop" to "mysite" in my File Manager? Or would this just create www.mysite.co.uk/mysite/?

Thanks in advance.

Stampy

All you need to do is move everything from your prestashop directory directly into your sites root.
if you already have files in your sites root you may want to create a sub folder ie. "OLD" move the old files into there before moving the new files in to the root. Once this has been done just make one small change in settings.inc.php

change:

define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/demo5/');

to:

define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/');

Hi

Thanks for the reply, and sorry to be a bit thick, but do you mean just select all of the files under the Prestashop folder, move them to my clipboard and copy them into my cgi-bin folder?

Thanks for you help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I don't know if anyone can help. I've just tried doing this on another site. I moved the files in prestashop into my root, then changed settings.inc.php.

My store is still not showing on the url www.sentientsolar.co.uk. But it is also no longer at the url www.sentientsolar.co.uk/prestashop - I get a 403 Forbidden message here.

2 questions:

What am I doing wrong?

Where is my store?!

Next time, don't install it in the prestashop folder in the first place
Upload all the files to your root directory and then you won't have to mess around with moving them

In fact - I like also first test it in other folder, before show it to public.
This index.html thing was only small accident.

• 3 weeks later...
Next time, don't install it in the prestashop folder in the first place
Upload all the files to your root directory and then you won't have to mess around with moving them

to jtyana : Have you ever thought of building a version before production and moving it into production after debugging ? ;)
to spott and amwdesign : thank you ! i've been wandering for a while !!

does anyone know how to have the same effect but use a mod_rewrite rule in an htaccess file to get rid of the /prestashop/ in the URL?

if anyone is familiar with Wordpress they have the same feature called "Blog Address" and "Wordpress Address" where the Blog Address is what you want visitors to see, so for example a typical page might be "www.domain.com/2008/09/02/blog-post-url/" whereas the Wordpress install is actually in "www.domain.com/wordpress/" physically. anyone know a solution?