Products not linked with search after CSV import

Vinay

Hi,

I imported products in my shop using the CSV file given by my supplier. All of the product imported but with warnings of rewrite urls.

Now, the problem that I am facing is, the search function does not show any of the products that i ahve imported into the system.

Now here is the weird bit,

If i click "Edit" on any product, and then just click "Save" without changing anything, then that product comes up in the search.

Is there any way to fix this because there are  hundreds of products in my system and it will be a big hassle to edit and save all the products one by one.

Waiting for your response,

Thanks,

Hello Vinay. It sounds like a problem with product indexing.

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Search+Preferences#SearchPreferences-Indexation

If you go to BackOffice > Preferences > Search, what do you see right next to the phrase "Indexed products"? Are all of your products indexed or not? If not, you can click the "Add missing products to the index" link and this should solve your problem without having to do one-by-one product edits.

Edited by parsifal (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion guys. Yes, it was the problem with product indexing. After I rebuilt the index, all of the items started showing in the search. Looks line because of the reqrite urls, the new products were not added to the index.

Thanks a lot for your help guys.

Appreciate it.

if you want i can send you a small standalone module to generate rewrite url with input keyword added in product name to generate url, it works like that , you will create a csv file from your product feed with product name only, then in that module [ its basically a form], you have option to add keyword to concat to the name and you will upload that product name csv, on clicking "generate rewite url" , you will get a csv file with your rewrite url key

generate_url_key_zps28ac0af1.jpg