PayPal UK ( Europe) 500 server error

Yanni

I am based in the UK, I've installed payPal Europe and when i click on the paypal logo on the standard option, i get a 500 server error.

When i change the option to PayPal pro( we have a paypal pro account), it all works fine until payment is taken but no order is registered on the back office and the cart remains full after payment. I use 1.6 version of Prestashop and the latest version 3.8.1 of PayPal Europe.

The same settings work fine in Opencart! I am puzzled, what can i do, i have also tried changing file and directory permissions to 755 , 777, 644 etc to no avail!.

Help Please....

Hello, 

We found following a bug report after updating the module 3.8 for people using a version of PrestaShop 1.4 and smarty v2 and the module does not take into account some of the characters used in the PayPal module version 3.8 .

We invite you if you are using PrestaShop 1.4 and smarty v2 to update the new patch version 3.8.1 module who edited today.

Please give us feedback after the updates.

Regards, 
202 ecommerce

I have installed the PayPal 3.8.1 module on Prestashop 1.4 and keep getting a blank page on the payment.php ? I have tested in sandbox and live modes. 

I have disabled the shop would this cause the transaction to fail or cause a 500 internal error ? 

Thanks