Create new product categories without being shown on left category column

Ben90

Hi guys,

I would like to ask whether it is possible to create some product categories for discounted items, but I don't want them to be included on left column category. I just want them to be put separately as the horizontal menu.

"Special block" module seems can't be used because it gonna put everything that has a discount price and can't be categorised based on the type of product.

Anybody knows the solution for this? Or maybe recommended module to create categories for special or something similar?

It's not possible with the default module, as it grabs all of them. Or, you can try with a small trick:

create a parent category to hold these special ones, names like Offers. Disable it.

Then create  all children and leave them enabled. I didn't test it, but it might do the trick

• Like 1

It's not possible with the default module, as it grabs all of them. Or, you can try with a small trick:

create a parent category to hold these special ones, names like Offers. Disable it.

Then create  all children and leave them enabled. I didn't test it, but it might do the trick

I created the parent category, disabled it, and then create a child. I couldn't find it on horizontal top menu module.

And then I enabled the parent category, so that the child can be found on horizontal top menu module.

After that, disabled the parent in order to exclude them from left column.

Thanks for your tips, Nemo1. Now it work!  :D