Prestashop runs slow now , help needed urgent.

charmaineH

Hi my store suddenly a few days back loads really slow what usually takes 2-3 secs to load now loads around 8-10secs

its stuck on waiting for one request for around 7 secs most of the time and then rest of the request starts loading within 1-2 secs , can anyone provide advise on this ? ( i was using pingdom to check )

my host A2hosting engineers has not been too helpful , all they say is they are investigating but its been days now and nothing. it was running okay for about an hour after tech said they fixed it and then it became slow again .

could this be caused by the theme ? as i now have no access to my theme under preferences

it goes to a blank screen and http://www.shop.com/mystore/index.php?controller=AdminThemes&token=d7ec04******..... the link shows this.

The tech did say he recompiled apache and php.ini i think thats what he said , could this be part of the cause ?

can anyone help ? i am not given any definitive time on when they will look at my server ? and i really dont know what to do as i asked if i could hire a coder to come take a look or something and they said that part of the server is restricted ? i feel so helpless now , anyone can provide any advise ?

Its becoming a real nightmare. Any help is appreciated .

Thanks in advance

charmaine

Edited by charmaineH (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

There some ways to check what takes so long.

1. Enable PrestaShop default profiling in defines.inc.php
  2. Check your browser's Developer Tools for execution of queries.
  3. Make sure Cache is enabled/disabled, try experimenting

The most occasional problems are:

• facebook connect module which executes and tries to connect to FB service every page load
  • some other module doing simillar stuff as Facebook connect
  • problems with inodes in server configuration
  • over-selled hosting
  • Like 2