Upgrading to 1.6 and Google ranking?

presdeco

Hello

I'm currently using prestashop version 1.4.11 and I would like to ask if anyone experience any Google ranking change after upgrading to 1.6?

I'm considering to upgrade but I'm not sure about the response from Google regaridng the new prestashop version. Is the new version coded better? Do you recommend to upgrade from the SEO point of view?

I would like to hear from someone that already made the upgrade and noticed any change in SERP.

Thanks

Dany

One would 'expect' post upgrade that 1) static SEO remains the same, i.e. no 'new' 404's for example 2) You 'will' see improvement in SEO when coupled with 'load javascript' bottom feature.  this decreases 'above the fold' page render time, signifcantly, and is measured by google for example...this by itself is worth the upgrade...3)  quality themes, 1.6 themes are 'light years' ahead of our 1.4 choices (either using boot-strap or in-house version of boot-strap).

we been busy doing 1.4 to 1.6 upgrades for 'some' customers....we did not offer 1.4 to 1.5, because I did not feel 1.4 shop managers would like it.  but 1.6 is dreamy.