Registration not working after turning on friendly URLs

Hi! I'm working on a site with prestashop 1.6.0.6 with the theme Leo Fashion Store, I worked a lot on the site the past days and now when I turn on friendly URLs I get two mayor issues:

1. Can't create a new customer account, this is the error the system shows:

TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to load form. Details: Error thrown: [object Object] Text status: parsererror

I searched the forum and tried the different solutions offered in other posts, but nothing works.

I've checked all the files I've been working on, but I can't find where the problem is.

Turning on Console in Chrome shows this, but I don't know how to interpret it (custom.css file is empty)

post-839286-0-98452700-1414535962_thumb.png

2. Can't add products to the cart:

In this case the system doesn't show any error. Again, turning on in Chrome shows this:

post-839286-0-32688600-1414544222_thumb.png

Could someone take a look and check what am I missing?

Here's the url to the site: http://kusse.co/ingresar?back=my-account

Thanks!

Mariana

Edited by dgmarafi (see edit history)

Hi, thanks for pm'ing me,  I took a quick look, there are several things I am seeing, for example add to cart....js errors etc.

sometimes we must break bad news to other community members...and here it goes...1.6.0.6 is 'very' buggy and IMHO is not and never will be a good release for production shops.  

What to do?

Upgrade shop (following 'best practices') to latest release.

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Updating+PrestaShop

otherwise I fear you are going to continue to have issues  that are resolved in latest release...and there are hundreds of fixes for 1606.

Hi El Patron! Thanks for your reply :)

I managed to solve the issue for now with help from a friend and this post from stackoverflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14285631/prestashop-ajax-registration-bug

Since the theme I'm working with has nothing in authentication.tpl as the post suggests, we look for that line in other theme files, and finally made it work changing this:

url: baseUri,

For:

url: baseUri + 'index.php?controller=authentication',

In two files:

For registration: /themes/my-theme/js/authentication.js

For cart: /themes/my-theme/js/modules/ajax-cart.js

But now that I have your insight regarding the Prestashop version I'm using, I'll upgrade to the latest version. Just one last question.. how can I check if the theme I'm using is compatible with the latest version of Prestashop, in this case with 1.6.0.9?

Thanks again!

• Like 1

make sure to upgrade on 'copy' not your current shop...muy importante

theme...the only issue you might run into is placement of javascript top/bottom...(after upgrade bo-->adv  parms-->performance...set move java bottom...

note: when you upgrade, ps will set shop theme back to default.....so first practice on copy...learn how to get back to where you are currently...

it's really worth the effort...also check if there is newer version of your theme...Leo Theme was pretty good choice.

• 1 month later...