PaypalUSA module v1.3.8 (new issued)

bellini13

Another issue with this module has been located.  This issue occurs when using Prestashop v1.4 and Friendly URL is disabled in your store.

The PS developer made a bad assumption that everyone uses Friendly URL.

You as the merchant have 2 options

Option 1) Enable Friendly URL if that is possible.  This could break your page rankings and search engine indexes since URL's to your pages will be in a different format, so choose wisely

Option 2) Leave Friendly URL disabled.  You then have to patch the /paypalusa/paypalusa.php file.  The is a function called getModuleLink at the very end of this file.  Change that function to the following code

public function getModuleLink($module, $controller = 'default', array $params = array(), $ssl = null)
{
    //bellini: need to append '.php' to the end of the controller for PS v1.4.  Cannot assume Friendly URL is turned on, so either need to add a check, or append .php
    if (version_compare(_PS_VERSION_, '1.5', '<'))
        $link = Tools::getShopDomainSsl(true)._MODULE_DIR_.$module.'/'.$controller.'.php?'.http_build_query($params);
    else
        $link = $this->context->link->getModuleLink($module, $controller, $params, $ssl);

return $link;
}

I have submitted this change to github.  Let's see how long it takes for the change to be accepted and a new module version released.

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop-modules/pull/415

Edited by bellini13 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Sorry I do not have a solution for your Paypal Europe issue. 

Note: The solution I provided back in October (yes 4 months ago) has still not been released.  Paypal USA is still v1.3.8 and does not include a number of fixes that have been submitted and/or identified since August 2014 (yes 6 months ago).

In fact they closed my submission back in October with the following comment.  As you can see, Prestashop must genuinely care about fixing this issues in a timely manner.

Hi,

Because we are currently changing the way paypal is maintained, we currently don't commit on this module.
But your changes have already been applied to the future module.

Thanks for your contribution.
Regards